Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Ryan233

Members
  • Posts

    99
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ryan233

  1. Yeah i know that I know that 636 is the port for SSL. But i would like to know how to find out the port its running on. Reason behind this is basically we have had School boardband install in the school about 3 months now There have tried to do a ldap query but it has been failing everytime. I have tested Ldap and its working fine on the server. there have tested the firewalls on the server its not working come up query failed. So now im wondering if it ldap is running on a different port. I have only had at this school for a months.
  2. LDAP Basically i would know what port ldap is running on
  3. Is there any good tutorials on getting Group Policy preferences working on a Windows 2003 domain with Windows 7 and Xp cilents.
  4. BUMP! BUMP!
  5. Insight
  6. I have had no problems with my nexus 7, I prefer my nexus 7 over my ipad
  7. Hello guys Im looking to use Print Mangement for one of my schools. The DC is windows server 2003 standard edition and the print server using print management is windows 2003 R2. When i try to deploy printers using GPO in print management it gives me the following error. Deploying printer connection '\\win23ksrv02\ICT Suite - Colour' to per machine GPO 'newone' failed. The specified directory service attribute or value does not exist. To my understanding this is something to do with Schema being upgraded to R2. I have never done a update of the schema? Is the upgrade on the DC or print server? Any tutorials on how to do a schema R2 update?
  8. Thank you for your help. I have been given the download links from another member of this forum.
  9. Unfortunatly Not.Unless we can do it through Dropbox or something like that
  10. Well we currently have a EES agreement with microsoft so we did have Windows Server 2003 Standard edition on the portal but now it has disappeared. I called our partners who we bought the lincese agreement from. There said call Microsoft.. so i called Microsoft,There confirmed there do not support windows server 2003 standard edition anymore so cannot download it or get cd-keys for it. Im completely knacked now. need the windows server 2003 standard edition CD's. Any chance anyone can get me a copy? I have serial keys for it.
  11. Any Offers before it goes on Ebay!
  12. Unforunatly it does not come with any warranty. I have posted a link to the thinkpad im selling below, the only difference is mine has windows 8 and Office 2010 pre-installed. http://uk.insight.com/en-gb/productinfo/laptops-and-notebooks/0001484371-00000001&utm_source=base&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=base&src=000093
  13. Im selling becuase i have just got a HP Probook. Windows 8 came has a free upgrade.it was installed with windows 7. it also has Office 2010 installed on it too. Its only about 1 month old.
  14. Hi All I have a brand new Lenovo thinkpad edge with Windows 8 installed on it. Its a i3 2.4GHz 4GB DDR3 memory 500GB hard drive 256mb ATI Graphics i would like 350 pound delivered
  15. in all the schools i have took her. even with this one. we have promethean in every classroom, laptops and we also have a one computer suite with 16 computers in but there are 5-6 years old. but i would like to include some wireless tech, notebooks. maybe some tablets too. Where do you think ICT should lead in primary schools?
  16. Basically i have just took over 10 primary schools and the headteacher of one of the schools whats a update on how things are going and how things can be improved. But she always says that her school's are all about pen and paper and pupils reading books. So basically i wanna see where ICT lies within the school and how far she wants to push it without the school.
  17. Well i have a meeting with one of the headteachers of a school. do you think its cheeky of me to ask her How far she wants to push ICT in her school?
  18. Ryan233

    FIFA 13

    Does it look like i have a spainish team? I have BPL team. Yeah i have started to play be a pro mode and its really good this year.
  19. Ryan233

    FIFA 13

    Yeah i love Fifa 13. I don't really play alot either but when i can i do.
  20. do you have to go physcially to the machine and uninstall it or can you do it with a script?
  21. Well im going to work on the Profiles this afternoon. I have the students logins reduced from 10 mins to 42 seconds now. I will look at the staff later on. I have never Touched DNS before so what im i looking for.
  22. Well My first day at this school and wow its bad. I have took Roaming Profiles out of GPO. I have had a good look at GPO,There were about 4-5 Startup scripts running at logon,There was also a WSUS policy but no WSUS server. I have got the logon speeds down to 55 seconds. What else could i try to get them again.
  23. Thank you for the suggestions. Just to clear a few things up. We do not use Outlook at all.
  24. profiles are HUGE..i think i was being nice saying 100mb ha ha. Some of them are like 400-500mb.
×
×
  • Create New...