djones
Members-
Posts
332 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by djones
-
Has anyone actually managed to get Ruckus (Guest access) and iPads working with a WPAD to provide Internet access through a proxy? I have everything working as it should except for the fact that browsing the Internet (Safari or Chrome) fails for any site outside of our network. Bizarrely, using other apps (like Facebook, Twitter, Skype, etc) all work correctly!?!
-
Can't find one so far...
-
9.5 is only available to premium folks.
-
Need to have at least v9.5 to upgrade - we're on v9.4
-
Been using it for ages to sync multiple calendars across multiple systems/sites - works great.
-
Ridiculous Password Requirements for Office 365 email
djones replied to zag's topic in Cloud Services
We (Primary school) don't find passwords an issue once complexity has been disabled but what really makes life hard is having to enter the @domain after the username. Ours is long and this is a deal breaker at the moment. -
Ok...I have this working for laptops but not the iPads. On the iPad after clicking accept on the T&Cs, it just hangs and never redirects.
-
Yes, I added that server's IP shortly after I first posted but it made no difference.
-
Ok, installed Wireshark and have run a capture from the wired network. I may be interpreting it wrongly but the only IP addresses I see when loading a browser and accessing a known site like bbc.co.uk is the traffic between the IP of the wireshark machine and the proxy. No, when a client connects to the guest SSID, it gets given an IP on the same subnet which says to me (rightly or wrongly) that access to the local server for DHCP is working.
-
Someone must have managed to get this sorted within a similar setup?! Where am I going wrong? Pretty please. Dave
-
I suppose there must be because the normal security enabled WLAN (along with the LAN) traffic routes fine.
-
I'm struggling to setup a guest SSID on our Ruckus ZoneDirector 1100 running v9.4.2.0.29. I have got as far as having an open guest SSID which when connected, prompts the user to accept the T&Cs without requiring authentication but never actually redirects to the internet. I have setup WPAD on our internal DHCP/DNS which points all external traffic via our LA provided proxy. This appears to work correctly in that clients connecting to the normal school SSID (security enabled) are correctly routed. I suspect the issue lies with the fact that our internal network and LA proxy are on different networks but I am stuck. Attached is a capture of the guest ACL rules setup on the ZoneDirector.
-
I've tried updating all the obvious things but to no avail.
-
I have an annoying issue whereby everything works fine except when trying to use Google Chrome. Scrolling is the main issue - if you try to move the scroll bar down it just won't! If you click the scroll bar it will jump down but dragging just won't work. The same is true when trying to use Flash games where you need to drag elements into other places within the game/activity. This is using Windows 7 x64 and the latest Smart Notebook (and drivers) v11.
-
Mac mini or Mac Book Air as server for iPads
djones replied to djones's topic in Mobile Devices & Tablets
Ok, so a Mac Mini seems to be the consensus however, I may use a MacBook Air as the laptop it is ultimately meant to be (if only as I have little recent experience with a Mac and fancy getting to know it a bit more). Also, (potential silly question) how does the management work with a Mini? Over the network or does each iPad need to be plugged in (USB) locally? I also presume the MacBook would be the same. -
What would you go for? I'm about to order x15 iPads for Primary use and understand it would be beneficial to have a Mac Server to help manage them. I presume I can buy OS X Server (cost?) and install this on a Mac Book Air (as that would be my preference)? Dave
-
Found it! Running this PowerShell command did the trick: Set-Mailbox jbloggs -EmailAddresses SMTP:[email protected], [email protected] I hope it helps someone else.
-
Yeah, tried that. Unfortunately, I cannot select the new address as the primary without changing the login details too. When I try to enter head@ in the From field it just gets replaced with the normal username (jbloggs@) instead when sent.
-
I have setup each user with their first initial and surname username e.g. "[email protected]" in order to keep everything the same in terms of how people log into different systems. However, I need to be able to assign "[email protected]" to the Head (obviously!) but cannot work out how to do so that she logs in with jbloggs@ but emails are sent to and from head@. How have you set this up and is there a way I can do what I want? Thanks, Dave P.S. I already have office@ as a shared mailbox with the relevant people assigned FullAccess and SendAs but don't think this is appropriate for the head@ address specifically.
-
Thank you. I have setup a shared mailbox (School Diary (alias: diary)) and set FullAccess (but not SendAs) permissions to a Security Group (Staff) and it seems to be working as intended.
-
What would be your recommended way to setup a shared, school wide calendar in Office365? I am experimenting with different options at the moment and have been used to using a Public Folder calendar in full blown Exchange for years and have no experience with SharePoint. I would like a shared calendar that all staff can view and edit from Outlook 2010, OWA, iPhone/iPad and Android. I have read the guides that explain two options - using Sharepoint or a Shared Mailbox - but can anyone give me some real world examples? Thanks, Dave
-
There could be an issue with your deployment if it is not logging off at the end. In your rules section, you can add the SkipFinalSummary=Yes and FinishAction=Reboot/Logoff/Restart or Shutdown commands. However, if you already have these and it isn't working as expected I would suggest you have an element of the task sequence that is not completing properly as that is what I had happen at one stage - can't remember off hand what caused it though, sorry! Dave
-
Widget - Writing with symbols v2.615 (64bit?)
djones replied to athwilson's topic in Educational Software
Just checked version we have and it is v2.80.670 -
Widget - Writing with symbols v2.615 (64bit?)
djones replied to athwilson's topic in Educational Software
Yes, we have it running on Win7 x64 although can't remember exactly what version - got the lastest MSI from them fairly recently though. -
Yes, free standing! 42u high and 800x1000 is what I've specced - just wanted to be sure! UPS will be at bottom; server is the 8 bay chassis; switches on top and fans in roof space of cab. Sound ok?
