I will be working on this later today. Quick question. Do I need to have one of each for "staff" or "curric".
Since I am only trying with one user can i just use 1 start menu and 1 desktop folder. Also If my sole purpose is to redirect my start menu do I just need the start menu one. Thanks
Also I would like to add that I am only trying this with the following
SERVER 2003(AD and DC)
TESTUSER
TESTGROUP
TEST GPO
WIN7 BOX.
I would think if you guys have all had success I am just missing something since I am only testing now. GRRR.
Ok sorry it took so long. I used my FQDN
\\servername.domain.domain\c$\genericsubfolder\men us\win7\start
Still no go.
I deleted my GPO from the 03 server. And created a new one with only three definitions set.
1. folder redirection
2. disabled "force classic start menu"
3. disabled Remove Users folders from the Start Menu.
Verified folder permission on for the test user.
Logged in as test user.
Did gpupdate/ force
Still no redirected start menu
Here are my questions.
1. Should I bother with RSAT?
2. Should I bother with a local GPO to help with folder redirection
3. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!
Thanks
Ok sorry it took so long. I used my FQDN
\\servername.domain.domain\c$\genericsubfolder\menus\win7\start
Still no go.
I deleted my GPO from the 03 server. And created a new one with only three definitions set.
1. folder redirection
2. disabled "force classic start menu"
3. disabled Remove Users folders from the Start Menu.
Verified folder permission on for the test user.
Logged in as test user.
Did gpupdate/ force
Still no redirected start menu
Here are my questions.
1. Should I bother with RSAT?
2. Should I bother with a local GPO to help with folder redirection
3. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!
Thanks
I installed the RSAT and checked the GPO, It is set up like it should be.
I did a gpupdate/ force
Logged in as the test user, still no redirected start menu.
By looking at my earlier post is there anything you see that I am missing?
I created a test user in AD on the 03 Server. "win7user"
I created a test group(03 server) "win7group"
I created a Test Gpo(03 server) titled "folderredirection" it's only goal is to redirect folders. I redirected the menu to
\\server\subfolder\start$\
within start$ there is a programs folder
My test group(test user is in that group) has full permission for these folders.
Thats what I started with. I have gone into both 03 server and created local GPO on Win 7 using MMC that disables both "Remove Users folders from the Start Menu." and "Force classic start menu"
I saw somewhere that the local GPO can redirect but under mine I dont see an option.
Your help is appreciated.
Ok Heres what I have done
I created a user in test user in AD on the 03 Server. "win7user"
I created a test group "win7group"
I created a Test Gpo titled "folderredirection" it's only goal is to redirect folders. I redirected the menu to
\\server\subfolder\start$\
within start$ there is a programs folder
My test group(test user is in that group) has full permission for these folders.
Thats what I started with. I have gone into both 03 server and created local GPO on Win 7 using MMC that disables both "Remove Users folders from the Start Menu." and "Force classic start menu"
I see that you are able to redirect using win7 gpo. Whenever I access the GPO policies(MMC) on my local box under folder redirection I dont have the options you have shown. HELP! Also Thanks
I havent touched RSAt. Lol, Maybe that's my issue. Could you give me a few more details about how to utilize RSAT to accomplish the start menu redirection?
That may be where I am confused. If you dont mine I will explain what I have done. Please let me know if I am missing something.
I created a user in test user in AD on the 03 Server. "win7user"
I created a test group "win7group"
I created a Test Gpo titled "folderredirection" it's only goal is to redirect folders. I redirected the menu to
\\server\subfolder\start$\
within start$ there is a programs folder
My test group(test user is in that group) has full permission for these folders.
Thats what I started with. I have gone into both 03 server and created local GPO on Win 7 using MMC that disables both "Remove Users folders from the Start Menu." and "Force classic start menu"
What else do I need to do. Thanks