Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

drewp

Members
  • Posts

    393
  • Joined

Everything posted by drewp

  1. You should see iedkcs32.dll version 17.00.6000.16512 in %windir%\system32 and %windir%\system32\dllcache on XP Pro SP2 if IE7 is installed. You may have to turn off hide file extensions for known file types and show hidden files and folders to find both of them. I had to rename the %windir%\system32\dllcache\iedkcs.dll other wise if you replace the %windir%\system32\iedkcs.dll with version 6.00.3790.1830 it will be replaced with the later version from the dllcache. It is the version 17.00.6000.16512 which slows down the Internet Explorer branding. I found the 6.00.3790.1830 on one of my 2003 servers which does not (luckily) have IE7 on it. Here is a link to the forum that i found all this stuff about the IE7 branding dll causing the problem. The credit is really down to them http://support.citrix.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=75&threadID=83027&start=0&tstart=0
  2. Hi Guys, What a thread! I have been trying to get better logon speeds, as they were about 40-50 seconds. The 899409 patch brought them down to about 30 seconds, according to the UserEnvDebug log. I also noticed in the UserEnvDebug log that the logon process was pausing for about 20 seconds when the Internet Explorer Branding was happening. I did alot of googling and found some stuff out about the same thing happening in Terminal Server environments. It Turns out that there is a bug with the IE7 Branding dll which causes the problem. Replacing the IE7 branding dll to a IE6 version dll (iedkcs32.dll version 16.0.3790.1830) solves the problem. When I replaced the dll my login times recorded in UserEnvDebug logs were 8 seconds (I'm using a mandatory user profiles with GPO's) Not sure at this point if there are any problems with using the IE6 Branding dll, but applying any hotfixes or service packs will replace the dll. Has anyone else spotted this?
×
×
  • Create New...