ictgoodpractice
Members-
Posts
109 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ictgoodpractice
-
New sims install from Solus problem
ictgoodpractice replied to ictgoodpractice's topic in MIS Systems
Thanks for replying. I was being a muppet. It was because I was not attached to S drive mapped drive. It was local admin I was using. -
I thought I had succeeded nut no After sorting all the .ini files I have this on loading sims agent at SIMS.Processes.Database.getCreationInfo(String path, Int32 recursionDepth, databaseInfo& info) at SIMS.Processes.Database.getCreationInfo(String path, Int32 recursionDepth, databaseInfo& info) at SIMS.Processes.Database.getCreationInfo() at SIMS.UserInterfaces.DefaultEntryPoint.Main(String[] commandLineArguments) Can anyone help please? This is the first time I have done it so massively appreciate it. Thanks
-
Surface Go system to Windows 10 Professional?
ictgoodpractice replied to bjohnny42's topic in Hardware
I have one on test, how did you get Education on it. I put my ovs key in and now it is trying to do loads of downloading through the microsoft store. Did you image them like they were a normal PC / Laptop? Any help really appreciated Thanks -
I have been told I do not need to install microsoft.net framework as it is done by Windows 10 update. Looking in the update history it seems to confirm this. Could anyone confirm whether this is all that is needed, or does it need to be installed separately too please? I have installed via Solus 3 UI from server and all seems fine. Any help appreciated as this is the first time I have done it
-
[sims] Deploying SIMS - Is it still best practice to use SOLUS?
ictgoodpractice replied to Sam_Brown's topic in MIS Systems
I am in a small primary school and have not used SIMS for over 10 years. I only need to install SIMS / FMS on one computer. How would you do that please? -
Surface Go system to Windows 10 Professional?
ictgoodpractice replied to bjohnny42's topic in Hardware
Is that on a 64bg 4gb ram or the 128gb 8bg ram please? Thanks -
Are you using the 64gb or 128gb. It appears RM are selling the go with 10 Pro https://shop.rm.com/store/Product.aspx?cref=PD6528323&rguid=21d9dfcb-c0c9-4b13-b4e9-d653a47e2980
-
Found the answer I wanted to test a machine or 2 with it on. Might help someone else. https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2164757-office-2019-no-msi-to-install-how-do-i-install-it
-
How are people putting office 2019 onto machines from the VLSC There seems to lots of ways (some quite complex) Thanks if you can help
-
Office Pro Plus OVS-ES Edu on kids home computers
ictgoodpractice replied to ictgoodpractice's topic in Licensing Questions
I will have a look. Thank you 👍🏻 -
Office Pro Plus OVS-ES Edu on kids home computers
ictgoodpractice replied to ictgoodpractice's topic in Licensing Questions
So is it their school e-mail that allows them download access please? -
Office Pro Plus OVS-ES Edu on kids home computers
ictgoodpractice replied to ictgoodpractice's topic in Licensing Questions
Sounds interesting. I guess this is with the school e-mail registered with Office 365 for the download -
Are you putting office on machines and linking to physical server or cloud based?
-
Anyone using these. Any feed back appreciated,
-
Thanks Chris. Richard C has sorted me one.
-
Anyone using these for kids, particularly primary or too slow?
-
Office 365 is fine apparently. Just office 2019
-
I have read quite a few technical problems with deploying office 2019. Are most upgrading to 2019 for Windows 10 or 2016. I was told the other week that Sims won’t work with 2019. Only a few computers with Sims. Any help appreciated 👍🏻
-
What are people being quoted for the above using the Education Qualified Users (EQUs) please. Does it allow install of Windows 10 on all machines in the school too? Thanks if you can help
-
Anyone using these as I have been recommended them. I am now a fan of Uni-Fi but curious of feed back on the IgniteNet Spark Wave 2 AC1200. Thanks
-
The Surface go, a little more in price looks interesting. But I am thinking primary schools. I believe you can host the on machine office 365 as it can have 128gb and 8gb ram and it's a tablet too.
