-
Posts
159 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by comedydave
-
[joke] I am one of the 2%, how about you?
comedydave replied to StewartKnight's topic in Jokes/Interweb Things
that is weird! -
I love it when a plan comes together
-
Panic over. Fixed it kinda by myself. Remembered I had put a copy of Admin Bar on my new becta datapen. Delprofed Logged back on, bingo That admin bar is a stroke of genius! You should put that on the free edugeek datapens at BETT next year!
-
On further inspection, this problem seems to be machine specific. We have tried logging on elsewhere and the problem doesn't appear. However, I was hoping logging on elsewhere sucessfully would clean up the profile, but that is not the case
-
Hi all, Not sure if this should be in the windows or networks forum We are using mandatory profiles here and one of the schools office staff cannot logon at the moment, it keeps logging her on with a local profile. She get the following error during logon I have investigated in the path described and cannot find, local settings\temp\ etc. Let alone the file in question. Help!!!
-
Sims Lesson Monitor+PDA's + How do you do it?
comedydave replied to tosca925's topic in Educational Software
We have just piloted this. And had loads of fun *smirk* It is out intention like yours to get it onto PE Teachers PDA's and put an outdoor wireless point on the wall of our office facing the astroturf. I ended up in a 4 week support call with Capita, trying to iron out the connection and database bugs. So all I can say is good luck. It turned out to be the fact that we run sims in such a way that it takes your login credentials from windows. This causes login faults on the PDA. -
URGENT: Stopping bat files, exe etc and userpasswords command
comedydave replied to a topic in Windows
As he said, we have had some success with the blight of swf and exe games on our network. Even to the point we had to curb it back a bit because it was deleting .js files from students OCR work. Not sure how well it works with virus*ahem*pen drives tho. I haven't really had a play with it yet -
Indeed, In my 4th month in the job, and just being allowed to play a bit, I deleted the entire Year 9 during Sats week! 3 hours later I had recreated the accounts from roll, and associated then with permissions! We live and learn!
-
I would love to help, and we have 90 machines coming out of service this month (2ghz cels, 256mb ram). But we are a joint catholic and CofE school, and they prefer we give ours to the local Africa charity. I will run this past my NW manager tho
-
No Jokes Please, were British! How many of you help out/organise extra curricular activities in the school which you work? My boss and I run Longbow Archery courses during the Spring Term, and my boss runs the archery lessons at school camp
-
I thought our *ahem* freinds at RM had the corner on the market for this
-
I treated myself to a 360 elite, that was certainly not unwanted. Got my family well trained, Money or Booze please
-
Settled off at about 450-500mb/min, and the switch is a lot quieter. Cheers guys, we live and learn. I think I will set the rest casting and go and find another job to do
-
Unicast is coming out at about 350MB/min But that is with a multicast going on aswell, so I will se when the multi cast has finished
-
3com baseline switch 2024 23 machines in the room uplinked to "networx" baseswitch 2401f doing the other 8 and the about 10 other points on this floor. I will give the unicast trick a try once this latest cast has finished.
-
all identical machines. Is it the nature of ghostcasting for packets to be sent to every machine on the network, as i have every machine in the room on now in an attempt to warm the room up a bit. And the 3com switch has every light flashing 10 to the dozen
-
Strangest thing. Just started another cast on 2 machines (i've taken to doing the room in pairs now) This one is hoofing along at about 300MB/min, which I can live with. One singular cast i started before lunch is still crawling at 100. Same switch, same source machine, same source file, same grade cabling and same methods. I think it may be a mixture of everything being cold after the christmas break (no caretaker in over christmas, so no heating) and the fact the clients are 4 year old celerons towards the end of thier lifecycle (infact being replaced as soon as PC World/NEC can deliver the replacements)
-
ICT Tech/Network Manager employment in Nottingham
comedydave replied to acrowter's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Try PMing SpecialAgent. He/They are usually very hot on where there are educational techy jobs available. -
Any machines that are turned on (i had most of the room on at one point) It looks just like a network card jabbering, or a loopback. We always use this method, and a 30gb cast usually takes about 20 mins, these just took 3 hours!
-
Hi all, I have just come back after an enforced Christmas break (damn caretaker making me use my holiday, coz he is off) I am attempting to recast a few machines in one of our IT rooms. We do not use console as the network manger cannot justify its costs. So we use the old floppydisk boot method. That is not where the problem lies however. Because this is the furthest room away from our ghost server, we have installed GhostCast server on the higher spec teachers client machine in the classroom, and cast from there. I am casting a 30gb image to 2 machines and its coming out at 119MB/min. Ludicrously slow. It is only casting through one 10/100 3com unmanaged switch, but the switch seems to go crazy. I have checked the room (and entire floor) for loopbacks, turned all the other pc's on the floor off, and disconnected a cisco fasthub that runs one room further along the network. Any thoughts?
-
got it here, home connection, sky broadband cheltenham
-
The powerpoints option etc was one i suggested. But my bosses would prefer a managed system. The Head of IT would prefer to wash his hands of this project once its fitted
-
Hi all, I have been asked to research digital signage for our school. Just had a meeting with the local agent for Pupils.Tv about providing digital signage etc for our entrance hall and dining room. It all seemed very impressive and the Head/Business Managers were very positive about it. So my next step is to see if any of you have encountered this company, if you have could you provide me with any feedback, positive and negative. Also, could you recommend any alternative companies to me. We want it to be a simple system that the IT dept can wash our hands of once its up and running, and allow reception/admin run it day to day. Many Thanks in advance CD
-
I'd be interested to look too. I'm looking into Digital Signage for my school in Cheltenham
-
Move in there, and demand a payrise for doing 2 jobs. :twisted: Otherwise, lock it when its not staffed, Cameras will get damaged/stolen. I have worked in some good and bad schools, and neither have let kids in the IT rooms/LRC without supervision.
