Jay_Jay
Members-
Posts
80 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Jay_Jay
-
Hi there, Have made a package to deploy office 2010 using sccm 2007, I can deploy to the clients but the msp file does not seem to be applying during the install. I have tested the office 2010 install by running the setup.exe directly on the client and it installs fine applying the msp file, it has baffled me and I can't see where I'm going wrong. Has anyone else come across this or managed to deploy office 2010 this way without issue ? Thanks
-
Hi All, Looking to implement a new backup system and have been trialling the above software, it seems to do the job, have been happy with it so far and like the way it backups up Hyper-V. Costs are extremely good as well ! Does anyone else use this backup software and have you come across any issues and are you happy with it ? Thanks
-
We have solar powered gates at our entrance, then our canteen has solar tubes which was funded from the eco grant.
-
I have only used ICT Direct and found them to be really good, we have had to get a hard drive replaced on 1 HP DC7900 out of 30 and they sent out a new one next day. Very happy with the service they provide.
-
Fantastic, How do they work though ??
-
Eclipse.net - DB restore to a new server
Jay_Jay replied to bodminman's topic in Educational Software
When you re-installed the new Eclipse server I assume everything was fine with the Server Configuration tool and you used the same instance name and database name as the old server ? When I moved our Eclipse.net to another server I set it up as a new install, then done a database restore from the old server and all was fine, if you pm me your email address I can send you a document on restoring a Eclipse.net backup. -
EduGeek@Microsoft 24th Feb 2011
Jay_Jay replied to Dos_Box's topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
Has anyone managed to get the power points from the day yet ? -
We stopped buying promethean boards and now use Ebeams which have been great, the pens are very hard wearing but can cost £60.00 to replace, which I would charge to the department.
-
EduGeek@Microsoft 24th Feb 2011
Jay_Jay replied to Dos_Box's topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
That cake was very impressive ! -
EduGeek@Microsoft 24th Feb 2011
Jay_Jay replied to Dos_Box's topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
Was a great conference, was good meeting you all, I was the one coughing and with a croaky voice (Man Flu I think), still worth the trip tho -
EduGeek@Microsoft 24th Feb 2011
Jay_Jay replied to Dos_Box's topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
Have a safe journey, I'll be leaving about 6.30am tomorrow and going up the M3. Look forward to meeting you all -
EduGeek@Microsoft 24th Feb 2011
Jay_Jay replied to Dos_Box's topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
Am so looking forward to this Where do we meet on the day at Microsoft ? -
What media are the files on ? I normally see that behaviour on corrupted mem sticks, can you see the file size for any of them ?
-
EduGeekrs HOOO: Do a man a favour and report a Facebook Group
Jay_Jay replied to sonofsanta's topic in General Chat
Done... -
I met with a company a few weeks ago who had made their own mount, it was fully adjustable and looked great, I have attached a pdf of their flyer, they should be able to give you the info you need. 110131192626.pdf
-
I had a few SoftXpand units which were a nightmare for us, It wasn't really the software side which let it down, it was more to do with the hardware we got supplied as a package, we had failed raid on motherboards, random bios freezing, cheap USB hubs which fell apart or just stopped working. In the end I just got Ncomputer cards in them and have't looked back since.
-
EduGeek@Microsoft 24th Feb 2011
Jay_Jay replied to Dos_Box's topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
Have just sent an email -
We have had 3 lapcabby's and they have been great for us, we have had an issue of a teacher breaking one of the rear doors, called labcabby and got sent the side panel to fix the door without charge, maybe we have been lucky so far.
-
We use Kenwood pro talks and they are great, it even works in our server room which is in a basement
-
200 Pieces of Advice for Network Managers and Techies
Jay_Jay replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Virtual PC is a great way to test settings/software before deploying across the network -
I appreciate about not being entitled to some of the RM resources but manuals and help files ?? Thank you for the offer gumbygaz, I will pm you my address.
-
We are looking to help a primary school next door to us who run a CC3 network, their old IT person who left a while ago seems to have taken any documentation for it, I have tried to see what I can download from RM but most of the manuals are greyed out and says I need to apply for further access ?? SO was wondering if anyone had these manuals for CC3 they could email me please ? Thanks Jay
-
Thanks for the comments so far, I'm going to get a SAN for Art and Media and setup a backup tape drive I have which runs LTO3 tapes using Windows backup.
