-
Posts
352 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by grahamd22
-
SP4 £15,007 to £17,794 36 hours per week / 52 weeks per year Holiday - 24 days increasing to 28 days after 5 years continuous service • Minimum 2 years experience working within a medium to large network in a business or educational environment. • Upgrading and maintaining of computers and associated hardware. • Loading, upgrading and maintaining computer software. • Management of a web site. • Use of Microsoft Office products. For more details this will be on our website vacancies area shortly ... The Warwick School
-
We have now managed to install Hesk 2.3 on our Windows Server 2008 but how do you go about masking http://ourserver/ I have managed to do a virtual directory to make it http://ourserver/Caretaker_Helpdesk but this is still not what I want, I don't want ourserver showing. It has PHP 5 and MySQL server 5.1.
-
Problems with installing HESK helpdesk on IIS 7
grahamd22 replied to IT_Man_Dan's topic in Web Development
Was supposed to be Server 2008 -
Problems with installing HESK helpdesk on IIS 7
grahamd22 replied to IT_Man_Dan's topic in Web Development
We have now managed to install Hesk 2.3 on our Windows Server 2007 but how do you go about masking http://ourserver/ I have managed to do a virtual directory to make it http://ourserver/Caretaker_Helpdesk. It has PHP 5 and MySQL server 5.1 -
Is it better to not use Radius as we don't seem to be able to get the iphones to talk to it?
-
How have you setup your ap's did you use a radius server or just password protected (which is the basic setup now we have one to try)?
-
Sorry mate I'm not quite on your wavelength do you mean that you get what you pay for or that this is a good solution?
-
If all I need to replace my linksys business WAP4400N is Ubiquiti UniFi indoor Acces Point 2.4 GHz, 802.11b/g/n, 3 pack WiFi System including the UniFi Controller software for £140 I would be so happy but I need to convinced that it would be up to the job of getting a class of say 20 laptops up and running happily in a relatively quick time as it takes up to 20mins or not at all in some cases, obviously I wouldn't be using 3 ap's in the same area so one would have to suffice per 20 laptops or more.
-
I have tried using this RM Law GCSE exam software as a student and it closes with the error above but not as a Administrator. It uses workstationprocesslauncher.exe, xulrunner.exe, rm.scoris.delivery.workstationlauncher.exe and csc.exe. What do I need to authorise as I've tried them all in Ranger administrator settings, general, any more ideas?
-
When we run our slipstreamed xp pro sp2 you can access the recovery console, yet you slipstream sp3 using the same sp2 cd using nlite you then don't get the recovery console to run chkdsk /r. Any ideas as Mr. Google and Mrs. Yahoo haven't helped this time?
-
MOODLE LDAP not working after upgrade
grahamd22 replied to IT_Man_Dan's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
Hi there to add to this we now can create new users and delete them, also if we delete a current user they can log back into moodle fine. So for a long shot we thought okay we will delete all users as it looks like their passwords have been lost and tried to bulk delete but it throws up the error 'Authentication plugin ldapcapture not found.' and I'm not too overly keen to go through and delete every user 1 by 1 when there are 996 users !! -
Moodle upgrade to 2.0.2 on server 2008
grahamd22 replied to grahamd22's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
Okay we have now got Moodle 2.0.2 working but need Ldap to authenticate as only administrator can logon and no one else !! -
Moodle upgrade to 2.0.2 on server 2008
grahamd22 replied to grahamd22's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
As this is becoming to be a waking nightmare we are looking to get our site back to how it was, any pointers as we are getting 500 errors continuously? -
Moodle upgrade to 2.0.2 on server 2008
grahamd22 replied to grahamd22's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
If we knew linux like you guys do then that would have been an option but unfortunately Microsoft have got their claws dug in here! I am wondering why I chose to upgrade, there was me thinking it was an easy thing to do ! -
Moodle upgrade to 2.0.2 on server 2008
grahamd22 replied to grahamd22's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
I have called the config.php configold.php as I'm not sure if the user credentials are correct it now begins with the install again and when I get to the mysql I picked mysqli and get the message Error: database driver problem detected The site administrator should verify server configuration PHP has not been properly configured with the MySQLi extension so that it can communicate with MySQL. Please check your php.ini file or recompile PHP. MySQLi extension is not available for PHP 4. -
Moodle upgrade to 2.0.2 on server 2008
grahamd22 replied to grahamd22's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
I got as far as to click Login to login, which went to 'The service is unavailable.' and then I clicked back to upgrade whereby it said to click continue to upgrade which went to 'The service is unavailable.' I have restarted the MySQL service and restarted the server and still nothing ??? -
Moodle upgrade to 2.0.2 on server 2008
grahamd22 replied to grahamd22's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
Worked mate and I will change it back but I now get The service is unavailable. -
Moodle upgrade to 2.0.2 on server 2008
grahamd22 replied to grahamd22's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
Where and what user should have access as the permissions haven't changed? -
Why do I get Data directory (C:\Data\moodledata) cannot be created by the installer. after trying to upgrade from moodle 1.9.4 to 2.0.2 ? and upgraded our PHP to the latest version?
-
I think I've cracked the mysqldump command by not running it on MySQL Command Line client but windows dos command line and going to mysqldump.exe directory and typing this: mysqldump -uroot -p moodle > "C:\Temp\MoodleBackup.sql" hit enter and it asks for the root password once thats done it will return back to the root of mysqldump, then I checked the Temp dir and its there ! Now how do I go about restoring should I need to or put it on another server instead of the same machine?
-
My SQL 5.1
-
What was the SQL dump script to download the database? sounds intriguing as I'm very familiar with SQL, so some guidance on how to run it would be appreciated (little bit cheeky)
-
Was trying to backup moodle but the route \\server\moodlebackup was not seen as a correct route, what do I need to do to get a happy face?
-
Installing Moodle on Windows Server, SQL Server, IIS
grahamd22 replied to apearce's topic in Virtual Learning Platforms
Hi Alex, The link doesn't seem to work?
