Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

IT_Man_Dan

Members
  • Posts

    448
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by IT_Man_Dan

  1. Thanks guys. I was just reading something similar on the microsoft site about it. I guess that's not the cause of my problems then. Back to the drawing board regarding what's causing our sims issues then.
  2. Dear all, Lately our sims has been running very slow and has crashed out on several workstations (I've noticed from a similar thread that others have also had issues). This appears to be happening since the last update although it could be coincidental. Currently I've noticed that the sqlservice (sims2012) is using 15gb of the servers 16gb of ram constantly.. I've contacted capita and have ran a patch they gave me (14265_reindex) but I haven't noticed any difference in performance. We are running the latest sims version on Windows Server 2008r2 (all updates installed) with SQL Server 2012 SP2 installed. I've updated Capita about the issue and am awaiting a call back but wondered if any of you had any ideas whilst I wait? Thanks
  3. @stitch Thanks for your response. How did you setup Office 365 to use your Google domain etc? Sorry, I haven't really looked into Office 365 much yet and only want it so that users can install office. The setup I have here is Google Apps and I use GADS to sync my users from AD. Is it fairly simple to setup Office 365 to use Google credentials? Many thanks
  4. Just wondering if anyone has any info that might help, I've contacted our licensing vendor but have had no reply as of yet.
  5. Morning all, We have volume licensing for Microsoft and as part of that we are able to give all staff and students a free copy of office. The thing is, at the moment we use Google Apps here, not Office 365 so I was wondering if there is a way without me setting up Office 365 that I can allow students and staff to download and install office? I spoke to my licence vender but the way they suggest involves setting up Office 365, importing users, and then assigning an activation to that user. I don't want to give the students office 365 accounts though, is that really the only way?! There is a link here https://products.office.com/en-GB/student/office-in-education where students/staff just put in their school email address and if eligible it allows download, how do I get my school email domain added to this list? in the past that used to work through county by entering our grid for learning address because they had an agreement with microsoft. Please advise Many thanks
  6. Morning all, Due to excessive data piling up I have introduced quotas this year for all students. Currently year 7 - 9 get 2gb each and Year 10 and 11 get 5gb each which I believe is incredibly generous. All students also get Google drive with unlimited space. Our photography teacher has voiced her concerns that this isn't enough space for students taking GCSE photography and she wants their limits removed.. The main problem last year was caused by photography students dumping files on the system meaning I had issues with actually running out of space or backup issues. I was wondering what others do? Regards
  7. I've now resolved this. It was caused by out of date Java. Regards
  8. Dear all, Has anyone else been having issues with Google Chrome recently? We are currently experiencing problems with printing from chrome, adding attachments to gmail in chrome, and downloading (click download and nothing happens). I'd be interested to know if anyone else is having problems. Thanks
  9. @Oaktech I've found them in the impero knowledgebase, see below for details. Impero Browser Extensions Impero supports the use of browser extensions that allow for web logging and filtering on all major browsers. See below for details on each available extensions: Internet Explorer The IE add-on for Impero web filtering is called "ImperoV3BHO.BHO". This is installed automatically when the Impero Client is installed to a machine, and can be force enabled via Group Policy. Google Chrome The extension for Google Chrome can be downloaded from this link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/impero-education-pro/gblkchompccdlgleecnffhlefbhejhhb This extension can be force installed and enabled through Group Policy. Mozilla Firefox The extension for Mozilla Firefox can be downloaded from this link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/impero-education-pro/ Safari The extension for Safari can be downloaded from this link: https://www.imperosoftware.co.uk/extensions/safari/data/impero_safari_extension.safariextz Opera The extension for Opera can be downloaded from this link: https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/impero-education-pro/
  10. Sorry for the dumb question but where do I download the impero browser extensions from please @russdev ?
  11. Sorry for late replies. Ahh that could be it as we use Impero. @russdev So I just go into group settings and tick the box 'use browser extensions for web filtering (disable impero proxy) ?? Will this still all filter correctly in chrome etc (block sties in ban list) and is there any other settings that need changing? Thanks
  12. I can confirm it can't just be the LEA internet connection as we are on our own internet provision.
  13. I'm in the same boat as above although as far as I know it affects any machine when logged on as domain user. This occurs when downloading to a local drive and network area.
  14. Good morning all, I wonder if you can shed any light on an issue I'm currently experiencing?! Basically whenever a user (including someone with domain admin rights) logs onto the domain and tries to download anything large from the internet the file downloading often fails at random points during the download in both Chrome or IE. I know that it must be some network settings causing the issue because If I login locally to a computer as administrator the download succeeds. Could this be GPO's causing the issue? If not what else could cause this. We don't use an internet proxy here. Thanks in advance.
  15. Afternoon all, I've had Google apps setup for a while now and have GADS and GAPS configured so that provisioning users etc is automatic from AD (although I need to give GAPS some tlc). I've been asked by a number of staff if it's possible to setup single sign on so that when they or students login to Windows on site (AD) it automatically logs them into google apps and Chrome. I've been reading how to do this and have come across the following guidance http://www.huggill.com/2012/01/12/setting-up-google-apps-single-sign-on-sso-with-adfs-2-0-and-a-custom-sts-such-as-identityserver/ which looks like it might be what I need to do. My questions are: 1. Has anyone here done this? 2. If so how was it achieved? 3. What problems were encountered? I'll be grateful for any assistance. I've read posts online that suggest it may be a bad idea because if SSO fails noone can login to the AD domain or Google services, the thought of that is scary so I'm keen to ensure things are done correctly. Many thanks
  16. No problem. I agree that the quarantine is painfully slow though.
  17. @HC_Netman No problem, sorry I should have shared. I was looking in the wrong place to access the quarantine. You just need to go to: https://email-quarantine.google.com/adminreview and login with your google Apps admin credentials. From there you can see all quarantined messages :-)
  18. ignore me, I've sorted it. Thanks
  19. Thanks for reply @caffrey . This may be a stupid question but how do you access the quarantine? I have spam set to go to the default quarantine folder but I am having difficulty accessing it to check messages. Thanks
  20. Morning all, I'd be interested to hear what spam settings others have set for their Google apps gmail accounts. Have you got all spam going into quarantine? Cheers
  21. Morning all, I want to tart my rolling replacement plan up so that it is easier to read and act upon. Does anyone have a good template that they would mind sharing to save me drawing one up from scratch? Currently I just have it in a word doc list format. Thanks
  22. Morning all, I thought before looking into the problem in depth I'd just post on here to see if anyone has had any issues printing content from MintClass and if so how they resolved it? When printing various things from MintClass it just seems to error and clog up the print queue. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Regards
  23. Afternoon all, Just a quick question. Does anyone know how to configure chrome via GPO to always prompt for download location when downloading files? Currently I have the location specified in GPO that works well. The problem is everyones Downloads folders are filling up and taking up storage space. Many thanks
  24. @minimoo Sorry for late reply. Yes I believe I've got NT Authority\System as a SQL SA but I will check. Capita have now given me the ISO to manually install Solus 3.8, has anyone done it this way and if so what issues did you come up against. Did the deployment environment need to be re configured or does it remember settings as in theory it should just upgrade the SQL DB? Thanks for all advice.
  25. I'm currently trying to update to 3.8 from 3.6.94 which Capita said was ok to do on phone but it appears to currently be rolling back all the 3.7 agents after supposedly succeeding It's failed the Solus 3 DB update. Looks like I'll have a fun day..
×
×
  • Create New...