IT_Man_Dan
Members-
Posts
448 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by IT_Man_Dan
-
Good Morning all, I've got a bit of a weird thing happening on my deployment server in that when I try and run a deployment the WDS service slowly eats through all 64gb of server ram and then grinds to a stop. This has been working fine and I'm just about to research it but wondered if anyone else has had similar and if so if/how it's been resolved? Many thanks
-
Morning all, I've purchased a unifi cloudkey gen 2 plus which I've just plugged into the network. It gets an IP address from our DHCP server and I've added that ip as a smoothwall exception. Whenever I go to try and login to it in a browser it just keeps saying 'no internet connection'. I can't get past this to look at the settings on it and reconfigure dns etc if needed. Any ideas please? Thanks
-
Thanks for the replies. I've changed the settings so that users can't edit their own photos and I've installed the recommended software which looks great for removing existing photos and matching/importing user specific photos but I'm having trouble seeing how I can use it to set all users photos to one single image of the school Logo? I can select all users easily but then it will only allow me to match the image to one user at a time on the 'match photos' page and once matched it's not available to match to others. Any ideas or advice would be appreciated. Thank you
-
We used to use xibo but have since gone to powerpoint as it's easier for the office staff to update. The powerpoint show is just setup on a loop which works well.
- 32 replies
-
- 1
-
-
- display
- powerpoint
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
-
Hi, We're looking to put in a Unifi Wifi network to our existing network to replace a dated old wifi system. Network wise we use HP switching and a Smoothwall for internet etc. I chose Unifi as it's cheap and I've used it a while back and had no issues. We want to have multiple SSID's and make use of VLAN's to separate certain SSID's from main network. As a rush before the end of our last budget we bought some UNIFI AC Pro ap's to start messing around with. I've loaded the network application/controller onto a computer and started looking at the setup (It's been a few years since using Unifi). Sorry if this is a stupid question but am I right in thinking that I need to by a Unifi USG (maybe the Unifi Dream machine pro) in order to best make use of the features? Will this allow me to create separate Vlans on the dream machine and also serve ip addresses to guests, for example to give them just internet access? Many thanks
-
Morning all, Brief summary. We moved away from RM Unify over hols to AD azure connect. All users etc syncing and matching up fine except It's come to light that both my colleague and my accounts (both global admins in O365 and Domain admins onsite) haven't matched up properly so changes to to our memberships to groups in AD onsite aren't then syncing to O365. Is there somewhere in Azure AD I can change the user ID's or something to match those in Ad onsite so that changes sync correctly? I don't seem to have duplicate user sync errors for the accounts or anything in Azure Ad connect although another technician may have cleared them. This is quite an urgent issue for me so I'd really appreciate any help given. Many thanks
-
Afternoon all, I'm using onsite AD to create and sync upto O365 mail enabled security groups and distribution groups. with both I'm adding my colleague and myself (both domain admins and global admins on O365) to the groups but when it syncs it adds all members except us. Is this a security feature or something or just some weird O365 thing? Many thanks
-
Morning all, I've recently setup azure authentication for roombookingsystem by creating an enterprise app in Azure AD. When I assign a individual user to the app the authentication works fine. When I assign a security group containing 150 users no one can authenticate and it the following error message: AADSTS50105: The signed in user 'username' is not assigned to a role for the application '589cc895-a0bd-4c70-bc15-b21c2c4e67a8'(Room Booking System). Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Many thanks
-
Morning all, We've just got rid of RM unify and now manage our own O365 tenant using AD azure sync. I haven't used this myself for at least 5 years so need some quick assistance please regarding distribution groups. I've created a staff distribution group in AD which sync's across to O365. When I go into the exchange admin center and try to set so that only members of the group can email the group I get an error message saying that the group cannot be edited as it's synced from AD. Where can I set it quickly so that only group members can send emails please? Thanks
-
Bulk change Display Name in AD to username
IT_Man_Dan replied to IT_Man_Dan's topic in Windows Server 2019
@ShellfishClive Once I ran it properly it worked a charm, thanks. -
Fix folder permissions on home areas - NTFSFIX or equivalent?
IT_Man_Dan replied to IT_Man_Dan's topic in Windows Server 2019
Many thanks. This is good to know, Yes it does require .NET 1.1 Please can you elaborate on extracting the exe to run without .NET 1.1 ? Thanks -
Morning all, I have messed up folder permissions on one of my year groups home areas and need to reassign the user permissions to their folder. I've tried setting the home area in bulk in AD but it just says the home area already exists and hasn't been created and doesn't assign rights. When doing it per user it asks you if you want to grant permission to the existing folder. Previously years ago I used NTFSFix to resolve this issue. Does anyone know whether: A: NTFSFix still works on Server 2019? B: If not, is there an equivalent tool? Many thanks
-
Morning all, Does anyone have a quick easy way to change a year groups display name to be the same as their username in AD. I was hoping you could do it as a bulk action in AD by selecting all going to properties and setting display name to %username% but sadly you can't seem to edit the display name in this way. Many thanks
-
Main duties to include: First line operational and technical support to users, troubleshooting issues raised by staff, maintenance of desktop computers/printers/network hardware/A.V. equipment, and liaison with suppliers. This is a full time position with working hours of 37 hours a week. Salary range £ 20,493 to £ 21,748 per annum (dependent on experience). Link to ad and more info: https://www.swchs.net/blog/?pid=37&nid=4&storyid=100 (Job posted 30/06/2021)
-
Sophos Central Endpoint deployment via GPO.
IT_Man_Dan replied to IT_Man_Dan's topic in AV and Multimedia Related
Thanks for reply. I have the free PDQ deploy (it's excellent) but I want it automated so there's no risk of missing a client. I don't want to pay for pdq if I can help it. -
Morning All, I'm having issues deploying Sophos Central Endpoints via GPO startup script. I've followed the instructions here: https://support.sophos.com/support/s/article/KB-000035049?language=en_US but it just doesn't seem to install on startup after a few gpupdates etc. I can run the script manually in the share and it installs fine. I've tried placing both the script and exe file in our gporesources share that we use for other gpo software installations and I have also tried placing the script in the appropriate sysvol scripts folder location. Any ideas please? Many thanks Dan
