-
Posts
141 -
Joined
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Shocker
-
I think its a great game I am on level 26 at moment but really is addictive
-
Thank you free780, at the moment it does look like we would need to upgrade everyone who would be using BCM to office 2013 and not have some on it and some on 2010. I was also reading else where that the extension issues between 2007 and 2010 should be sorted for 2010 to 2013 that really would make life allot easier.
-
after doing a bit more searching it does appear that you cannot share a database between two different versions of office (2010/2013) back to the drawing board then
-
Hi everyone just wondering if anyone has been able to get this working or it might just be the case that its not possible. We run a Shared database for BCM 2010 off a server and until now all clients have been windows 7, office 2010 with BCM 2010 but we have just recently gone with windows 8 and office 2013 but the database is built on outlook 2010. Is it right that only clients running outlook 2010 with BCM are able to open this shared database and that any user with office 2013 and bcm installed cannot open this database? When I try to search for the database when first running BCM it does find the shared one but its greyed out and cannot move forward with it. Just wondering if anyone else has tried this and run into the same issue
-
Hi everything just came across this for SharePoint foundation which we are currently using the auditing function was really available to SharePoint full edition but going to give this a try for Foundation. AuditLog For Sharepoint 2010 - Download: AuditingLog.zip
-
Hi everyone Is there any software available that would allow us to see what files/folders have been copied by who to a USB device or emailed? SharePoint 2010 allows something like this using auditing but is there any software available that will do this for windows/server that anyone has any experience with? Thank you in advance
-
Thanks for that link
-
Thank you Michael I will hold of to try and use it on a test environment at the moment I do not have a test environment for widows 8 its running on our main network but thank you for the suggestion
-
Just found after more searching it looks like I need to use Internet Explorer Administration Kit for IE 10 IEAK
-
i have should have added I am running SBS 2011 server
-
Hi everyone just wondering if anyone else is having trouble setting their Default Homepage in IE using GPO? I have added a new Group Policy and applied the Windows 8 WMI Filter, under User Configuration/Policies/Windows Settings/Internet Explorer maintenance I have changed Important URLs to use http://companyweb also under the Favourites and Links I have added favourites (which does work fine) but for some reason every time I open IE it goes to MSN webpage instead of companyweb. has anyone else run into this problem? I have also tried Resetting Browser Settings and going into Preference Mode but this still didn't help.
-
It would have been handy to have used a standard account for the tablets to use all he same apps but ill give it a try in the morning on the domain to see how exactly it works
-
thank you, thats something I didnt realise
-
thank you for replies I am going to install the update rollup 3 for sbs 2011 tonight and then join the laptop to the domain. Thank you for the help didnt want to have to enter my microsoft details on all new tablets
-
Is it possible to add windows 8 to a domain without having the local account joined to a microsoft account? just installed windows 8 and first thing i was asked was to setup with my microsoft account which is fine but I am now thinking would i need to do this for every tablet/laptop i want to join to the domain with windows 8?
-
Was just searching but unfortunately sbs does not support trust relationships and these two networks are sbs2011
-
Never thought of attempting a trust between both networks. At the moment they can't ping at all because they are on two separate switches which have no connection together. I will take a look at this tomorrow thank you for the suggestion.
-
I can do that but it requires the users to login to the remote website before being able to get access to the sharepoint site. I would have preferred that the users open ie and it opened the intranet (sharepoint) just like it does on network 1. The gpo set on network 1 is to make ie default page the sharepoint site and same on network 2 just a totally separate sharepoint site. I want to try and make both separate networks use the same sharepoint site
-
Thank you to have access to sharepoint over the net just wa hopin that I could set it so that when he users log in the first internet page that loads is the intranet from sharepoint which it does do at present but different intranets due to different sharepoint installs on each server. They are separate active directorys with separate dhcp, dns everything.
-
Hi Everyone Just wanted to ask is it possible to allow two seperate networks access to one Sharepoint server? We have two different networks on seperate switches/internet/servers but would like to use one single Sharepoint to serve both networks Each network server is running sever 2011 standard Thank you in advance
-
Thank you ill take a look at this
-
Hi everyone I was just wondering is it possible to access my SharePoint site from outside of work. SharePoint is installed on a server 2011 and machine and everything is working remote access works fine and I can access the internal website that way but was thinking more of being able to access it using say the SharePoint App for android or apple from outside of the business. Does anyone know if this is possible? I was trying it last night and it didnt work because it couldnt find the server which i understand because its an internal site
-
Thank you ste1988 i will give that a try and get a couple of pupils to login see if it works.
-
Hi everyone hoping someone may have run into this problem before. I have 20 Imacs connected to a mac server which is also connected to our windows network so that single sign on is working and has been all year. I am having a problem with an install of final cut express 4 that once i have logged in as administrator and installed + registered the software any other user which logs onto the mac needs to enter the registration details again. is there anyway that once i have installed and registered the software that every user after can just open and start working with final cut?
-
thanks Marci ill give that a go tomorrow
