Tech1
Members-
Posts
92 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Tech1
-
IT Skills Academy - Low Cost Access to Training Materials
Tech1 replied to penfold_99's topic in Courses and Training
I have also signed up for this, it was just too good of a deal to miss. Now which course do I do first........ -
The D800 does look pretty good, but i've just bought myself a Sony NEX-5n, excellent piece of kit.
-
I'm a paid subscriber to GiantBomb, can't recommend the site enough.
-
+1 here for SSD drives. I've just got a 120gb Kingston drive, read and write are around 550mbps. Lightning quick as you put it is probably spot on. Compared to a mechanical drive it boots up/shuts down in no time at all. I use it for games mostly but any smaller games that don't really need the extra speed I can just install on another mechanical drive but bigger games like BF3 and Crysis load a lot faster with the SSD drive. They are expensive, but worth it.
-
Fantastic, looks like I made the right choice in getting the 580 then.
-
Excellent. Well BF3 will be the first game i'll be trying out when the new PC arrives. As i've ordered an Intel k Processor I get BF3 for free.
-
Looks like a very good machine. How is that GTX 580 serving you? I've just ordered one in my new machine. I've got a 24inch monitor so I will be running games like BF3 and Witcher 2 at a high resolution so i'm hoping for some excellent frame rates.
-
Your comment about PCSpecialist is slightly worrying as I have just spent £1500 on a new machine. Im confident that the parts they are using for my machine aren't going to be "junk unbranded stuff". I've got a feeling that if you order a cheaper £350-£500 PC from them then they may use cheaper parts to keep the cost down.
-
+1 here for PCSPECIALIST - Custom PCs, Custom Computers, Custom PC, Desktop PC, Custom Built Computers, Gaming PC Just last night I ordered a Custom PC from them on Finance. I just used there Custom PC builder, picked the parts I wanted and spent 5 minutes going through the finance stuff and it was done. Should be here next week. Core i7 2700k, 8Gb of ram, 3gb gtx580, coolermaster haf-x case. It wasn't cheap but it will last me a few years.
-
E-Car are online only.
-
The new palette files were added into My Documents-My Palettes, which the user has full access to. Within Corel X5 they can easily add the new palette in, it's just when they try to change the preset to Simulate Color Management Off, Corel closes without saving changes.
-
Hi, Does anybody on here use Corel X5. Long story short, an engineer has just visited our site to service our Laser cutter. He has added a new colour pallete to Corel Draw, but to print to the laser cutter, you need to go to Tools, Color Management, Default settings, then next to Presets, we need to change it to "Simulate Color Management Off", but when we click this, Corel closes down straight away, without giving us chance to save the settings. When logged in as an administrator, the file prints fine to the Laser Cutter and the presets stay as they are, without Corel crashing. If you login as anyone else though, such as a teacher or student and try changing that setting, Corel just completely shuts down. This appears to be a permissions problem (as it is working fine with the administrator account), but what security settings do I need to change? or Is there something else I can do? Unfortunately the engineer didn't have a clue, but hopefully someone here does. Thanks.
-
Its Just a typo, it says further down, 4th of July.
-
Car accident - other driver paid for repairs but their garage wrecked the car
Tech1 replied to a topic in General Chat
I'd hope that he would have had it sorted by now as this was 6 months ago. -
It's £6.98 if you order it online - World of Warcraft Battlechest - PC Games and Downloads - GAME.co.uk
-
Yep, first thing I checked when I saw that there was a problem.
-
On the remote machine I am just going to the PC that it is installed to, start, run, \\machinename then right clicking the printer and clicking connect. This then adds the printer to the remote machine, where I can print fine from as an administrator. Just not from any other account that logs in.
-
I have a spare print server in stock so I'm thinking the easiest way of resolving this is to just make the local printer a network one, and install it on each of the machines one at a time. I just can't understand why it isn't working as we have another setup in another part of the school with it working fine. On the other setup, as far as I can remember, I logged in as a local admin, installed the printer, teacher logs in, the printer is viewable and it works fine. I then shared the printer, logged in as a local admin on the workstation next to it, found the share, and connected it, printer works fine for the admin. A teacher logs in, and it works fine for them, but now I'm trying to do the same thing again in another room, and I'm getting this probelm. Thanks for all the help anyway.
-
Yes, it is the other machines that we are having difficulties with. The PC with the printer locally installed works fine. You can login as any type of user and the printer works. It's when you add the printer to another machine, an administrator can print to it, but if you login as any other user, you can't see the printer within Printers & Faxes.
-
It is a locally installed USB printer shared out out to other machines.
-
I understand where you are coming from when adding it to each user account but surely there is another explanation. We have another workstation that shares out its USB printer, and I have successfully installed it onto another PC for a completely different user to use, and it works fine. Only problem is, I installed it that long ago I can't remember exactly what I did. I'm not sure if it helps or not but i've been doing some research regarding this, and a few other forums say that full control for Everyone needs to be added to System32Spool and Windows Temp folders. I have obviously tried this but it doesn't resolve the issue.
-
Yes, when a teacher logs in, then can print to it fine, it's just when they login to the student PC, both teachers and students are unable to see the printer, but administrators can. Also, as far as I am aware, there is nothing in group policy blocking this. We have another printer setup and shared out which is working fine.
-
The machines are on a domain.
-
Within the security permissions I have added Everyone. And also the user that I am testing. This still has no effect.
-
Hi, There is probably a very simple solution to this but as it's Monday morning, I don't think my brain is quite in gear yet. I am trying to share a printer between XP machines. I have installed the USB printer onto the teacher's PC, and shared it. I then login on a student PC, add the shared printer, and can print to it fine. Problem is, when I login as a student or a teacher, they can't even see the printer? Anybody have any ideas why this may be? Thanks.
