Tech1
Members-
Posts
92 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Tech1
-
Cheers Andy, this looks perfect. I'm going to see if I can try and buy this through work.
-
Cheers Unixman for the ideas, definitely like the look of that BackApp Chair. And I've no idea what the last thing is supposed to be but I'm 100% sure I would instantly fall asleep haha.
-
Aye it's for work, and good point with the no VAT.
-
Thinking of getting a standing desk, as sitting at a desk for 80% of my day isn't doing my health/back any good. If you've got one, which one did you go for? Have you noticed an improvement? Did work contribute to the costs? I think I'll probably have to stump up the money myself but I'm willing to do that if the benefits are there.
-
Saw it last week, thoroughly enjoyed it. Batista's comedic timing is even better in this one. Had me crying with laughter a couple of times.
-
I've played/completed it. Put around 50hrs into it in the space of week. haven't done that for many years so that just goes to show how much I liked it. The Dev has confirmed that story DLC is on the way.
-
I've just started reading How To Be A Productivity Ninja by Graham Allcott. I'm hoping it's going to "help" me at work, but only time will tell.
-
-
Hey All, I'm looking into selling my PC, if anyone here is interested? Coolermaster Haf X full tower, Core i7 2700k, 8gb RAM, 120gb SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 980 Was originally purchased from PC Specialist and it's been a cracking machine. Hoping for £550 for it. Any questions, please give me a shout.
-
I've used screen cast o matic and the video feature built into Office 365. Both worked really well for me.
-
Hi, Does anyone know if it's possible to send an email directly into your calendar via Office 365? Foe example, within the desktop version of Outloo,k if I got an email that asked me to be somewhere at a certain time, I was able to send it directly into my calendar, but now i'm having to manually go into my calendar and create a new appointment.
-
Are there any technicians other than myself going to be attending this meet?
-
Citrix XenServer, Migrating Physical Server to Virtual
Tech1 replied to Tech1's topic in Windows Server 2008
Thanks Bossman, followed your instructions and the server has now been successfully migrated over to the XenServer. I'm presuming you use XenServer yourself, but what do you use for backing up the VM's? We currently use WSB on the physical servers, which works well when we need to restore at a file level, but whats the best practice for the virtual servers? -
Citrix XenServer, Migrating Physical Server to Virtual
Tech1 replied to Tech1's topic in Windows Server 2008
Just out of interest, is their any reason why you haven't upgraded to 6.1? I'm just downloading 5.6 now, to see if that makes any difference. Now that I have used XenConvert to create a Citrix VHD, I no longer get the error message "Unknown File Type", so I do get a bit further in the import, and then it fails again. Checking the logs it says - "Failed to import virtual disk file, system.xml.xmlException:Root Element Is Missing" -
Citrix XenServer, Migrating Physical Server to Virtual
Tech1 replied to Tech1's topic in Windows Server 2008
I'm just using XenConvert 2.5 now to create a Citrix VHD to an external drive, which should hopefully do the trick. The only problem is the amount of time it takes to create the VHD. -
Citrix XenServer, Migrating Physical Server to Virtual
Tech1 replied to Tech1's topic in Windows Server 2008
It looks like they removed your method in an older version of XenCenter. I am using version 6.1 if that's any help. -
Citrix XenServer, Migrating Physical Server to Virtual
Tech1 replied to Tech1's topic in Windows Server 2008
Their doesn't appear to be an option for Virtual Appliance Tools within Tools. To try the import, I right clicked on the XenServer and click on Import. Pointed to the VHD I wanted to import and then thats when I get the error message "Unknown File Type" -
Citrix XenServer, Migrating Physical Server to Virtual
Tech1 replied to Tech1's topic in Windows Server 2008
Right, yesterday, using a utility called disk2vhd from tech net, I converted the old server into a VHD file (it took 6 hours). Now, I come to import the VHD file into the new server via XenCenter, and I get the error message "unknown file type"! How can it be an unknown file type? It's looking for either an OVA/OVF Package or a VHD file, and it is a VHD file. Very confusing. ALso i've noticed that this thread should probably have been put in the Server 2008r2 forum. -
Citrix XenServer, Migrating Physical Server to Virtual
Tech1 replied to Tech1's topic in Windows Server 2008
I tried XenConvert a couple of weeks ago, with great difficulty unfortunately. The current physical server is running out of space, and to perform the convert we needed the same amount of space available to create the VHD, (the server is nearly 500gb, so we would have needed another 500gb). I was able to do this to an external drive though. The process took around 40hours and in the end just failed, with an error list as long as a book. -
Hi, Has anyone on here migrated a physical server to a virtual one before? We've purchased a server more powerful than we actually need so we are planning on virtualising a couple of our physical servers into the one box. I have installed Citrix Xenserver on the new machine, and created a new VM via Citrix XenCenter. I have a full windows server backup of the physical server, which I am able to restore to the VM using windows restore, but then after restarting I am just getting the BSOD. I have run the system repair tools and done fixboot/mbr which doesn't resolve the issue. I am running Windows Server 2008r2 if that's any help. Appreciate an help given.
-
Wouldn't I need to modify the AP's network settings so the controller could see them in the first place?
-
The thing is, the web interface works fine when the AP is at it's default settings, it's when the schools network settings are applied when the interface becomes unusable. I can access the AP fine, and login without any issues, it is then after this point that the interface is so slow, I can't do anything with it. It is also the same with both of the AP's that I bought. We have also purchased a Netgear WMS5316 wireless controller which appears to work really well, hence why we bought a couple of Netgear AP's.
-
Yes, they have both been updated the Firmware version 2.1.1
-
Hi, Does anyone here use these access points? I'm having an issue when using the web interface. At it's default settings (192.168.0.100), it works fine, but as soon as it is assigned an IP address the web interface becomes completely slow and unsuable. So slow infact that after waiting for a while for a page to load, the AP times out and I need to login again. I have just bought two of these devices and they are both experiencing the same issue.
-
IT Skills Academy - Low Cost Access to Training Materials
Tech1 replied to penfold_99's topic in Courses and Training
Even at £323 I still think it's an excellent price.
