caffrey
Members-
Posts
4,763 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by caffrey
-
Nice, haven't seen the PS thing before but just to add you can do this with GAM also :- gam all users delete messages query rfc822msgid: If the result is okay then doit gam all users delete messages query rfc822msgid: doit For individuals gam user [useremail] delete messages query rfc822msgid: doit if it's okay
-
Fixed it, just noticed the Sims agent hadn't installed properly on the SIMS server.... So glad this is my swan song of this software, I'm never going to have to look at it ever again
- 1 reply
-
- 1
-
-
I'm trying to deploy Summer (finally) and starting with Discover but I'm getting tolerance not met on Solus for some reason and it's rolling back - anyone else had issues ? Can't upgrade Solus either for the same reason Target version 7.198.5.0, expected target version 7.200.8.0
-
You can pick up the readers cheap. You could try to sell it like replacing will cost x amount but will save x amount. If you can DIY them all the better
-
Hi, and welcome If it's an option, replace keypads / readers with :- https://www.paxton-access.com/products/net2-proximity-mifare-reader-p50/ https://www.paxton-access.com/za/proximity-metal-keypad-mifare-kp75-5/ And use mifare cards instead Like https://www.digitalid.co.uk/product/blank-mifare-classic-1k-cards-97
-
Class change bells, oof there's a job I dislike being given....
-
Just had my first none working trackpad on a acer c722, barely used a week Is it just an Acer thing ?
-
So, how many passwords have you had to change today?
caffrey replied to Dos_Box's topic in General Chat
Should be how many access cards have you printed off ? Done quite a few passwords yesterday, and a few cards. Staff seem to have remembered theirs this year too The 2nd day (today) has traditionally been the worst day, so bring it on.... -
Can't test properly till I get back to school Monday
-
Maybe this, time to test https://www.reddit.com/r/gsuite/comments/pg5lvg/papercut_mobility_print_not_working_with_chromeos/
-
Anyone having issues with the latest version ? Devices can't see any printers at the mo, they can see the server fine and things like Airserver are running fine which means the reflector is working okay Also if they had a mobility print server previously installed the printing works fine, this is on iPads and chromebooks
-
Smoothwall root ca renewal
caffrey replied to Sheridan's topic in Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Not just me then -
It's for filtering, Radius passes the user info to Netsweeper and assigns them to the relevant filtering group It works but I reckon it's probably over complicated for the task when I could just use the Netsweeper plugin, no clue how to go about that though. I don't know whether it was Google updating something but it's got a lot worse recently
-
How do you do it ? I've always put Chromebooks in their own OU and applied a WPA2 network to the Device, When the user logs in it's supposed to swap over to a WPA2 Enterprise SSID using ${LOGIN_ID} and ${PASSWORD} Is this the right way to do it, because on some devices it's really hit and miss sometimes Might have to look into putting the netsweeper agent onto them instead of relying on Radius as they don't even go into the correct group half the time - it's all a bit jank
-
No clue, but it's magically started working again - could've been anything I guess
-
That's what I thought, but there hasn't been as far as I'm aware of any updates - stopped working about 3am ish
-
Just had a edulink sims agent critical email It can't connect to capitasolus.co.uk/CESAddress/ValidateUKAddress.asmx Has something happened that I don't know about ?
-
DHCP on the controller ? Check the CPU usage, ours used to spike causing all kinds of issues (On a USG pro)
-
Uninstall it, and install the version I posted (18.10.0.18605) fixed it for me
-
First one will always be the best to me, I visited NY back in 2013 and visited some of the locations
-
I've found it better to create seperate mailboxes, then just give access details to the users that need it. This can then be opened in a separate tab. Makes more sense for departments, and it works well e.g. no double answered emails etc. And helps when staff leave You can create these as either AD accounts, or just create an OU in the admin panel with non domain accounts in it and create the mailboxes there
-
gmail how to distinguish between student and teacher
caffrey replied to k-strider's topic in Cloud Services
Students are initials, roll number and the surname is in capitals We also set the user image for students to a standard image to help (Also helps with different year groups) -
Are you looking forward to getting stuck in to all your Summer jobs!
caffrey replied to kennysarmy's topic in General Chat
Rewire 2 rooms and some other cable runs. Install new ICT Room (Thank you ICT Direct). Remove every PC from teaching classrooms and install USB-C hub as staff are coming back to Chromebooks only in the new year Tonnes of other stuff and I'm off on holiday for 3 weeks as of next week -
Indeed, just notified staff that they will be Chromebook only from September. It's been an interesting few days for sure...
-
Thanks, thought not I'm creating new shared drives for them and I noticed Publisher files in there so I'm bound to be asked the question. We will have areas that still have windows desktops so they can use those if they really must.
