Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

goodhead

Members
  • Posts

    213
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by goodhead

  1. can someone please post the msi for game maker lite. Original or re packaged msi. Thanks
  2. Up to now we have used a handheld jcb vac. It was very good and a good selection of attachments. However the battery now doesn't last and the filter bag has split. JCB no longer produce a vac or spares. Can any one suggest a vac that is good for cleaning projector filters. with over 40 projectors, it needs to be portable with decent charge life.
  3. We have looked at true crypt but found it fiddly to setup and broke on one occation and couldn't get to my backups on the stick. We are now looking to issue all staff with kingston data travellers with built in hard encryption. Kingston data traveller We can also get branded all for £10 each Seems much simpler solution for staff even if its cost a few quid more.
  4. I had same issue a few weeks back. I tied with GPO but still the kids could disconnect the wifi. I found a great script online and now run. I posted the code in one of my recent posts. If i find it i'll link here. The script totally hides the wireless icon from task tray. Had no issues since.
  5. You need an 2008 AD server to update 2003 schema to 2008. We dont have any 2008 servers.
  6. We run 2003 servers with sp2 and pcs with xp sp3. We have laptops which we want to use wpa2 and control with a wireless policy. Why cant MS stop being so stubben about this and give us the update to allow server 2003 to control wpa2. They give you wep. but as we all know , you may aas well not bother! I dont see why i should have to update my dc to 2008 scehma just for that. I'm happy with 2003 at the moment. Does any one know a way round this or some 3rd party software that would do this. Come on microsoft!!!!!
  7. We all know that 5 m is limit on usb, so we have used usb boosters a few times to go over this. Does any one know if you can connect 2 or 3 together to go even further. Dan
  8. found a script to do it. ------------------------------ '****** Begin Script ********* 'Author: [email protected] 'Use at your own risk. 'Enables the Notification Area icon for IP enabled 'Network Connections. 'Does not rely on Network Connection name, i.e. "Local 'Area Connection". 'Does modify CurrentControlSet001 as observed when 'modifying via GUI (verify 1st for yourself). 'Does create registry entry if missing. Dim objReg Dim objWMIService Dim colNetCards Dim objNetCard Dim strNICguid Const HKLM = &H80000002 strComputer = "." 'Period = local computer strKeyName = "SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\" strKeyName001 = "SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet001\Control\Network\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\" dwValue = 0 On Error Resume Next Set objReg = GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer& "\root\default:StdRegProv") Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer& "\root\cimv2") Set colNetCards = objWMIService.ExecQuery ("Select * From Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration Where IPEnabled = True") For Each objNetCard in colNetCards strNICguid = objNetCard.SettingID objReg.SetDWORDValue HKLM, strKeyName & strNICguid & "\Connection", "ShowIcon", dwValue objReg.SetDWORDValue HKLM, strKeyName001 & strNICguid & "\Connection", "ShowIcon", dwValue Next Set objReg = Nothing Set objWMIService = Nothing '****** End Script *********
  9. Is there a way to hide the wireless icon from system tray for restricted users? We are quite new to wireless in our school and thought kids didn't have access to it. I was wrong. I logged in as a restrcicted account and was able to disconnect the wifi connection. When they do this the connection stays in a manual state. So next user cant login. Must of cropped up before in schools. Dan
  10. One of our office staff needs to access facilty's help portal. However she gets a message saying cookies are disabled. I have the ie7 adm file installed. Is there an option to enable cookies? cos i cant find it. Dan
  11. I disabled snmp under port settings on each of the printers that have gone offline. They then came online. Yay!! Thanks
  12. Yep. all hp Its not just one model either. 5200 1320 2420
  13. Some are locked. I think i will make it a job to do when quiet to disable all buttons. Dan
  14. Is that in the driver settings or an overall setting on that server? I dont know a great deal about snmp. Dan
  15. We have server 2003 sp2 A number of our printers are going offline. I have turned off powers save etc and turned off snmp. I have searched one of the printers in registry and found refrences to some of these printers when they were named diffarenty. So in affect multiples for same printer. There are other parts of reg that stores printer info. Is this a reg issue?
  16. sorry to bother you again. I've just found a mortal combat game. its an swf file. I have not added its hash to the txt file. When your app is running and i double click the game its kills it. Why? its not been hashed. Dan
  17. forget last post. I have it working for exe files as well. Thanks very much for you help. Good programming. Not sure what the banned.html and accessdenied.htm files do as they dont seem to pop up or any think. Dan
  18. thanks for that. it now blocks java games. what about ones that have an .exe see attached Dan LineRider V1.1.zip
  19. that game you attached didn't kill either. attached is our game and ini thanks for help mcp.zip
  20. that would be great. the version we have on our pcs is J2SE Runtime Environment 6.0 Update 5.msi Dan
  21. i tried kill=javaw yesterday and again this morning. Does not kill it.
  22. the kids here have started playing a java based game. I have got gamekiller working for swf games but not java. Will this work with java and if so what do i put in for the kill= option? Dan G
  23. I have a hp ipaq 4600 which has a wifi card built in. I cant seem to get it linked to out school hot spot. I thought i woulkd have to setup a connection. All that i get is Generic IR, bluetooth dialup modem and hayes compatible on com1 Shouldn't have one for wifi card? Has any one got any good instructions to network this OS. Its not an OS that i'm familier with. The pda does see the hotspot. DAn
  24. I've had this problem appear on our ISA server as well as my office pc. I was running ie7. I upgraded to 8 and that sorted it. There is a fix out there, cos i used it on the isa. Just can't rememeber where i got it sorry. If some 1 finds it, perhaps add to forum downloads section.
  25. any one used planet poe hubs? I'm looking at using poe hubs to inject wifi access points. I don't know much about the company planet. Does any one have any experience of their poe kit? Or if any one knows of any other manu that does good poe injectors. DG
×
×
  • Create New...