Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

jertsy

Members
  • Posts

    315
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jertsy

  1. You can raise it, mine was 100 and I hit that. I called MS and they raised it to 200 and then 300 etc...
  2. Windows 10 has now appeared!
  3. I have the MS education licence agreement and Enterprise comes with LTSB by default. - - - Updated - - -
  4. I called 0800 917 9016 (the number listed on VLSC for contact us) and chose option 2 and then option 3. This seems to be MS support, who will ask what the issue is, just say its the VLSC and they then transfer you to either the UK or somewhere in Europe. I got my windows 10 enterprise Key added this way and its where I logged the call about the missing downloads for windows 10.
  5. Funnily enough I was just reading about the difference with education and enterprise. I'm not sure I want the new features automatically being rolled out with the education version. I need to read up a bit more on it though before I decide.
  6. Just had an update from MS, they say there are around 2000 customers that have not had the windows 10 downloads added automatically and they are having to work through them manually! I guess I will just have to wait a while for it to show up on VLSC. At least I have the keys so I can still crack on.
  7. I have just got off the phone with MS and the keys are there but no downloads, MS say the downloads should be there so it looks like an error of some kind. I have mentioned that a number of people on Edugeek are reporting the same so its not an isolated incident. MS are looking into it.....
  8. Dunno, I might log a call with MS
  9. Exactly the same here
  10. Does anyone know if you need to upgrade SCCM 2012 R2 to SP1 to deploy SCEP to windows 10 clients?
  11. WMI looks to be the easiest, without the need to duplicate GPO's or OU's. Thanks.
  12. I'd not thought of WMI, cheers Chuckster
  13. I did think about filtering the GPO's by group, but I just wondered if I could lump them together and in an ideal world Win 7 will ignore the 8 specific GPO's and visa versa, although that may be wishful thinking! Cheers
  14. Yeah when we come to test windows 10, I will segregate that until i'm happy with it, then ideally I will rebuild the whole site as 10 and just go back to one OS again. Cheers.
  15. Hi all I'm just builing my first windows 8.1 PC, we are all windows 7 at present. I was wondering do you segregate windows 8 PC's from 7 PC's in AD for GPO deployment? Just thinking ahead for if there are any settings that windows 8 wont like. Or do you just mix them up in the same OU? Thanks
  16. I saw that Steve, but would need SCCM to push an exe accross the network or can I push an exe via a batch file?
  17. Good thinking, i'm just looking into that, Silverlight was not ticked on my WSUS server
  18. Hi I am trying to update silverlight accross the network and I have to remove the old version before I can install the new one via MSI. The old version is included in a thick image. I have created a batch file with the following wmic product where caption='Microsoft Silverlight' call uninstall This works fine but if I leave it linked it will always remove any version of silverlight, is there a way to specify what version to remove? I can then deploy a new version and the batch file wont touch it. Cheers
  19. We use it, and it does what it says on the tin. I also use software restriction policies and we have had no outbreaks so far (touching wood)!
  20. I'm going to get the image going and do some testing. I usually like to build small pockets of pc's so that users get used to the new interface. Then probably build the whole site during summer 2016.
  21. The first thing I said was, that sounds exprensive, but I'm assured that they are not much more expensive than a standard projector. I will know next week what model and price etc... and I will let you know. We need a heavy duty one as we have a decent throw distance but you might get away with a more standard one. Ive just googled laser projector and a few came up
  22. Funnily enough I'm just looking into replacing our projector this exact same reason. Our throw is 18m and on a sunny day its tosh, the screen is 4m x 3m I'm having a demo of a laser projector next week, I think its an NEC. I will let you know if its up to the job as it may be an option for you.
  23. I pretty much do what tmcd35 does, I group the GPO's per function, staff IE, student IE, student lockdown, staff lockdown etc... and link them to the OU's that the staff or pupils reside in. I like this approach as it allows me to be more granular by allowing more access for staff than pupils. There are many different ways to do it but I would say keep it simple.
  24. Cheers all. Does anyone have any experience of the support help desk, specifically knowledge of the engineers, response times to support issues etc...
  25. Cheers mdench, thats good to know.
×
×
  • Create New...