ptotham
Members-
Posts
147 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by ptotham
-
just had another tablet in that had frozen but this time wndows explorer was in the process restarting that bough the tablet back to life.
-
just had a tablet freeze but when I check the task manager couldnt find windows explorer process which is strange.
-
once you have restarted the explorer process does it happened again?
-
I havent tried that yet michael am waiting for a user to ring me when it next freezes up. have you come across this yourself?
-
We are currently having a issue with the OS freezing randomly, our setup is a Surface 3 Tablet running Windows 10 Education 1511 10586.0 Clean Install (Not Upgrade), our test staff are complaining that they will be using the tablet and it can randomly freeze up (its not a specific software package) our staff account are Man Profiles and were using redirected start menus through group policy, we are using Classic shell for our start menu setup, we do link our tablet to the toshiba dynadocks (port replicator) running the latest driver but this issue can happen even when not connected to it, once the tablet freezes the only way to get it back working is to hard power off. we never came across this during our testing but we release windows updates during the half term and then issue 3 staff with tablets after the half term so am working on ruling out windows updates. Can anyone shed any light on this or have come across this issue themselves.
-
"winpe initialization failed 0x80040154" can anyone shed any light on why I am getting this, I am running sccm 2012 my clients reboot after running the task sequnce from software centre the clients download the boot image "which comes from the windows 10 adk" reboots into win pe and then I get "winpe initialization failed 0x80040154" cant look the smstslog cause I cant use the keyboard or mouse?
-
I am have a mixed enviroment of 64bit and 32bit PCs and laptops Since upgrading my boot images to Win ADK 10 I am no longer able to image 64bit system with 32bit OS in sccm 2012, what happens in the laptop will boot using the 64bit boot image into winPE and then when you select the task sequence which has a x86 boot image attached to it starts to resolve the task sequence and then I get I have done some googling around and this message is because its trying to use the wrong boot image but the way I have the system setup is always how I have done it Any advise greatfully recieved.
-
thank you for your advise mrbios I had seen that article when i was googling around that article is more to do with it hanging when its downloading the update my proble is when its installing the updaates is when I get the hanging.
-
we moved to sccm 2012 r2 in the summer and ma using the sccm 2012 to handle my windows updates it works fine for my windows 8 64bit builds but I have issue with the task sequence hanging when running the process "Install Updates" it hangs for windows 7 32bit builds but it not hanging at the downloading stage which is apparently quite a common problem in 2007 and 2012 but during the stage of installing the update and just hangs and its seems to be a randon update each time anyone else having/had this problem and what did you do to get round the problem.
-
just recently install sccm 2012 R2 and got client push working but the have some error messages in the ccmsetup.log and the clients aren't talking back to the console, can anyone see why this would be ==========[ ccmsetup started in process 9588 ]========== ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:15 9712 (0x25F0) Launch from folder \\SV-DPT-01\sms_rlp\Client\ ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:15 9712 (0x25F0) CcmSetup version: 5.0.8239.1001 ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:15 9712 (0x25F0) Running on 'Microsoft Windows 8.1 Enterprise' (6.3.9600). Service Pack (0.0). SuiteMask = 272. Product Type = 18 ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:15 9712 (0x25F0) Ccmsetup command line: "\\SV-DPT-01\sms_rlp\Client\ccmsetup.exe" /MP:sv-dpt-01 SMSSITECODE=RLP ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:15 9712 (0x25F0) Command line parameters for ccmsetup have been specified. No registry lookup for command line parameters is required. ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:15 9712 (0x25F0) Command line: "\\SV-DPT-01\sms_rlp\Client\ccmsetup.exe" /MP:sv-dpt-01 SMSSITECODE=RLP ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:15 9712 (0x25F0) SslState value: 224 ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:15 9712 (0x25F0) MapNLMCostDataToCCMCost() returning Cost 0x1 ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:15 9712 (0x25F0) No version of the client is currently detected. ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:15 9712 (0x25F0) Folder 'Microsoft\Configuration Manager' not found. Task does not exist. ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:15 9712 (0x25F0) Updated security on object C:\Windows\ccmsetup\. ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:15 9712 (0x25F0) Failed to get client version for sending state messages. Error 0x8004100e ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:15 9712 (0x25F0) Params to send '5.0.8239.1001 Deployment Error: ' ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:15 9712 (0x25F0) A Fallback Status Point has not been specified and no client was installed. Message with STATEID='100' will not be sent. ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:15 9712 (0x25F0) Failed to send status 100. Error (87D00215) ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:15 9712 (0x25F0) Downloading file \\SV-DPT-01\sms_rlp\Client\ccmsetup.exe ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:16 9712 (0x25F0) Downloading \\SV-DPT-01\sms_rlp\Client\ccmsetup.exe to C:\Windows\ccmsetup\ccmsetup.exe ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:16 9712 (0x25F0) File download 3% complete (61440 of 1740472 bytes). ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:16 9712 (0x25F0) File download 7% complete (122880 of 1740472 bytes). ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:16 9712 (0x25F0) File download 10% complete (184320 of 1740472 bytes). ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:16 9712 (0x25F0) File download 14% complete (245760 of 1740472 bytes). ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:16 9712 (0x25F0) File download 17% complete (307200 of 1740472 bytes). ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:16 9712 (0x25F0) File download 21% complete (368640 of 1740472 bytes). ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:16 9712 (0x25F0) File download 24% complete (430080 of 1740472 bytes). ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:16 9712 (0x25F0) File download 28% complete (491520 of 1740472 bytes). ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:16 9712 (0x25F0) File download 31% complete (552960 of 1740472 bytes). ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:16 9712 (0x25F0) File download 35% complete (614400 of 1740472 bytes). ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:16 9712 (0x25F0) File download 38% complete (675840 of 1740472 bytes). ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:16 9712 (0x25F0) File download 42% complete (737280 of 1740472 bytes). ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:16 9712 (0x25F0) File download 45% complete (798720 of 1740472 bytes). ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:16 9712 (0x25F0) File download 49% complete (860160 of 1740472 bytes). ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:16 9712 (0x25F0) File download 52% complete (921600 of 1740472 bytes). ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:16 9712 (0x25F0) File download 56% complete (983040 of 1740472 bytes). ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:16 9712 (0x25F0) File download 60% complete (1044480 of 1740472 bytes). ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:16 9712 (0x25F0) File download 63% complete (1105920 of 1740472 bytes). ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:16 9712 (0x25F0) File download 67% complete (1167360 of 1740472 bytes). ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:16 9712 (0x25F0) File download 70% complete (1228800 of 1740472 bytes). ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:16 9712 (0x25F0) File download 74% complete (1290240 of 1740472 bytes). ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:16 9712 (0x25F0) File download 77% complete (1351680 of 1740472 bytes). ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:16 9712 (0x25F0) File download 81% complete (1413120 of 1740472 bytes). ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:16 9712 (0x25F0) File download 84% complete (1474560 of 1740472 bytes). ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:16 9712 (0x25F0) File download 88% complete (1536000 of 1740472 bytes). ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:16 9712 (0x25F0) File download 91% complete (1597440 of 1740472 bytes). ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:16 9712 (0x25F0) File download 95% complete (1658880 of 1740472 bytes). ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:16 9712 (0x25F0) File download 98% complete (1720320 of 1740472 bytes). ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:16 9712 (0x25F0) File download 100% complete (1740472 of 1740472 bytes). ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:16 9712 (0x25F0) Download complete. ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:17 9712 (0x25F0) Successfully created the ccmsetup service ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:17 9712 (0x25F0) ==========[ ccmsetup started in process 7200 ]========== ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:17 5320 (0x14C8) Updated security on object C:\Windows\ccmsetup\cache\. ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:17 5320 (0x14C8) Launch from folder C:\Windows\ccmsetup\ ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:17 5320 (0x14C8) CcmSetup version: 5.0.8239.1001 ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:17 5320 (0x14C8) Successfully started the ccmsetup service ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:17 9712 (0x25F0) In ServiceMain ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:17 12048 (0x2F10) Deleted file C:\Windows\ccmsetup\ccmsetup.exe.download ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:17 9712 (0x25F0) Folder 'Microsoft\Configuration Manager' not found. Task does not exist. ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:17 9712 (0x25F0) CcmSetup is exiting with return code 0 ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:17 9712 (0x25F0) Running on 'Microsoft Windows 8.1 Enterprise' (6.3.9600). Service Pack (0.0). SuiteMask = 272. Product Type = 18 ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:18 12048 (0x2F10) Ccmsetup command line: "C:\Windows\ccmsetup\ccmsetup.exe" /runservice "/MP:sv-dpt-01" "SMSSITECODE=RLP" ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:18 12048 (0x2F10) Command line parameters for ccmsetup have been specified. No registry lookup for command line parameters is required. ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:18 12048 (0x2F10) Command line: "C:\Windows\ccmsetup\ccmsetup.exe" /runservice "/MP:sv-dpt-01" "SMSSITECODE=RLP" ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:18 12048 (0x2F10) SslState value: 224 ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:18 12048 (0x2F10) CCMHTTPPORT: 80 ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:18 12048 (0x2F10) CCMHTTPSPORT: 443 ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:18 12048 (0x2F10) CCMHTTPSSTATE: 224 ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:18 12048 (0x2F10) CCMHTTPSCERTNAME: ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:18 12048 (0x2F10) FSP: ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:18 12048 (0x2F10) CCMFIRSTCERT: 1 ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:18 12048 (0x2F10) Config file: ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:18 12048 (0x2F10) Retry time: 10 minute(s) ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:18 12048 (0x2F10) MSI log file: C:\Windows\ccmsetup\Logs\client.msi.log ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:18 12048 (0x2F10) MSI properties: SMSSITECODE="RLP" CCMHTTPPORT="80" CCMHTTPSPORT="443" CCMHTTPSSTATE="224" CCMFIRSTCERT="1" ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:18 12048 (0x2F10) Source List: ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:18 12048 (0x2F10) MPs: ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:18 12048 (0x2F10) sv-dpt-01 ccmsetup 14/07/2015 14:23:18 12048 (0x2F10)
-
the video function works when we log in with a user that has no IE settings applied so it not related to a update but more a IE setting but I cant work out which one is causing it.
-
I think its a IE GPO that is causing the problem just havent worked out what yet.
-
Hi MatthewL not so much what I want to restrict more what should I restrict?
-
I have been asked to package up office 2013 and deploy I have never had to lock office down before so am looking for any tips/advice the software will be used by students and staff?
-
-
I was wondering if any one could help, I have had my deploy studio setup and working for a while on my mac but have started looking into dual booting the macs so I have created and captured my osx image and windows image using deploy studio, set my workflow up to split the drive partions one for windows and partion 2 for osx and deployment works, but when I try to boot in on the windows partion I get the windows boot manager and the windows 7 wont load tell me to put my disc back in and run a repair can anyone shed any light on this?
-
Latest OSX, Dualboot Windows 7, ReImage with DeployStudio
ptotham replied to RabbieBurns's topic in Mac
has anyone manage to get this working I am stuck with the bootmanager problem as above? -
Hi Furby thanks for the getting back to me, I can get the network drives to appear on the dock but have to allow list folders permission for everyone on the route of share as apple mac require that windows devices dont, but i dont want to open the shares up like that and never have had it like that even before the mac server died. we use to have an icon on desktop that use to be to a shortcut to there network area but I have know Idea how it was done. we were using admitmac and tried installing that but couldnt get that to work either, i would like to try advoid using admitmac if possible. Paul
-
Limited Mac experience Our Apple Mac setup was done by a 3rd party company and I didnt have any involvmenet with it, recently our mac mini server hard drive died, so after replacing the drives I rebuilt the system: Setup: OXS 10.6.8 on mac mini server Windows Server 2012 for file server OSX 10.6.2 On 12 Imacs OSX 10.8.5 on 7 Imacs Workgroup Manager 10.6.3 AdmitMac v5 (for Macs running 10.6.2) AdmitMac v7 (for Macs running 10.8.5) I am trying to set the system with out having to use admitmac (AdmitMac version restricting what version of OSX I can go with) I have binded a client to AD and OD and can login in using my test AD account, but the home drive doesnt appear in finder or on the desktop like it use to, I can manually mapped to the home drive when logged on as the user. Even when I rebuilt one of the clients and tried using admitmac I couldn't get the home drives to appear. Could some point in the direction of where I am going wrong with these MAC have been working on this for 3 weeks in total now.
-
Limited Mac experience Our Apple Mac setup was done by a 3rd party company and I didnt have any involvmenet with it, recently our mac mini server hard drive died, so after replacing the drives I rebuilt the system: Setup: OXS 10.6.8 on mac mini server Windows Server 2012 for file server OSX 10.6.2 On 12 Imacs OSX 10.8.5 on 7 Imacs Workgroup Manager 10.6.3 AdmitMac v5 (for Macs running 10.6.2) AdmitMac v7 (for Macs running 10.8.5) I am trying to set the system with out having to use admitmac (AdmitMac version restricting what version of OSX I can go with) I have binded a client to AD and OD and can login in using my test AD account, but the home drive doesnt appear in finder or on the desktop like it use to, I can manually mapped to the home drive when logged on as the user. Even when I rebuilt one of the clients and tried using admitmac I couldn't get the home drives to appear. Could some point in the direction of where I am going wrong with these MAC have been working on this for 3 weeks in total now.
-
our mac server recently died and had to be rebuilt from scratch, the original setup was done by somebody esle, I have rebuilt the server and setup workgroup manager but cant workout why the clients are pulling the settings or how I get workgroup manager on the client to communicate with the server, I can login into workgroup manager from the clients when i specifiy the server. Ther server is runnning osx server 10.6.8 with workgroup manager 10.6.3 and the clients are running os 10.6.2.
-
Cheers.
-
excellent thank you exactly how I have mine setup. just need to get a unit to test. Do you use tablets at your site if so may I ask what make and model you have?
-
thanks for the feed back, do you have any screenshot of your task sequences you could share i.e how you have your drives formatted and under apply operating system how you have told sccm what partion to install to? - - - Updated - - - thanks for the feed back, do you have any screenshot of your task sequences you could share i.e how you have your drives formatted and under apply operating system how you have told sccm what partion to install to?
-
thansk for the fast responce, yea saw that I needed Server 2012 and SCCM 2012 SP1 which is what I have in my test environment.
