Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

jonbd

Members
  • Posts

    66
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jonbd

  1. I want to stop the students from creating distribution lists, changing their display name etc. I've gone into Roles & Auditing>User Roles> and created a role there with the stuff I want to lock down unticked, but I don't know how to apply that to the students other than going to their mailbox individually and changing their role assignment policy in mailbox settings. I could change the default assignment but then everyone would be locked down.
  2. I've used Powershell for most stuff but can't find the cmdlets to use to assign a user role to more than one user. Any ideas?
  3. Hi, Are there any Office 365 gurus on here that can help me with a little problem? We've just been transferred from RM Easymail to Office 365 by SWGFL and i'm trying to sort out the permissions. I wanted to lock down some of the settings for the students but not for staff (changing display names etc) I understand those permissions can be set in the user role assignments so i've created a student user role, but is there an easy way to assign it to a group? The only way i've found to do it so far is to assign the role to a mailbox individually through the web portal. Thanks Jon
  4. 26 miles through the countryside each way for me. It's a nice little drive - except for icy/snowy days when half the route doesn't get gritted!
  5. That's my mates band (used to be in a band with him). He is the drummer, and is insanely talented! It's not really my kind of music but they are damn good at it.
  6. Likewise! Really hope we can get the win, otherwise it'll be a loooooong trip back home!
  7. I moved over from an iphone 2g to a HTC Hero and i'm very glad I did! Seems to be better than the iphone in all but a couple of respects. The way the iphone handles mp3 playing seems to be a lot nicer than the Hero, and bluetooth is really flaky with my car stereo which is annoying.
×
×
  • Create New...