Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

round2it

Members
  • Posts

    2,107
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by round2it

  1. could you point in the right direction for this policy
  2. Mark I will compile a list and get them to you once the thread dies down a bit.
  3. is it a ps2 rat shaped mouse?
  4. The best one must be a hp 3550 fuser unit you can get about 10 in the box it comes in
  5. Thankyou for your ideas, I totally agree with the points of your post. Anyone else I will compile these and contact Mark at Frog so he can push the ideas/comments to the correct department.
  6. I hope this does not become a slanging match, and this thread works to our advantage by opening up communication between techs and supplier, can we now focus the thread on what features you might like adding changing so we can have a better system. Personally I would like better room/resource booking facilities Internet filtering logging to be more advanced like a mini smoothie box how much would that save your school if an all singing dancing filtering system was available for free. Diarys could be made more user friendly. Maybe a tech support system ticket reporting, these are the features I would like I understand that these features could probably be built by the user but it would be nice to see them as standard. But it is a work in progress Let's get something out of this more positive than negative, this thread was about seeing if we were a single case of things going wrong on updates but after 5 pages of replies I now know it is wide spread. Can we get a list of ideas together and push this in the right direction.
  7. Thankyou again for your reply, Sometimes companys run and hide but you are stepping up and seeing what the community think. I will get a list of ideas that might be of use to schools in general. If anyone else whats to add an idea to a list just post on here If we can get a better communication with the staff at frog it has to be a good thing Thanks Again mark
  8. everyone has a view on this and mthomas08 is entitled to his, we might not agree totally with what people say but this it is nice to read what other people think about things, sometimes you can get blinded by your own opinion and reading what others think can sometimes change your view on a situation. I do not think he works for frog. Anyway Frog have contacted us and said they are applying a patch for the staff timetables so I will test it out and let you know
  9. Your assumptions are correct. Major update yes it might have a few qwerks we can live with that because frog will fix them but bug fixes to include new bugs we have to draw the line a somepoint
  10. It is good to know that Frog are looking at the forum Im sure things will get better with the new staff etc
  11. Thank you for your reply Mark Could I ask what incentive you might be able to give schools to become beta testers,as currently I feel like a beta tester when it comes to update time. I'm sorry to sound negative but it's the same old story something breaks every update. Also the basic things in the system like the room controls they have not seen much improvement since our system was installed, you are missing the boat with this as you could maybe remove the need for other filtering software/hardware cost to smaller schools it would be a selling point. I understand things can get messes up from time to time and the frog system is a very complicated thing but it is the number of times it happens that really gets us down.
  12. The staff timetable problem has been sent to second line support I will let you know if they fix the problem.
  13. anyone else found any bugs in the latest release
  14. these problems should not be happening its very poor (if your whole vle was setup using that brick then it is going to affect teaching and learning) its just so annoying
  15. Well what can I say I am going to test the tabbed folders brick now. This is just basic stuff why oh why Hope this thread does not become a frog bashing session as the RSPCA will be on to us. Frog in itself is quite good but they really make things difficult for us end users
  16. Thanks for the heads up on Format Factory it is just what i was after for creating swf files from videos Thanks Given
  17. what problems are you having eddyc
  18. fist bug found, Staff timetables are no longer working, there we go 2 steps back new sims importer installed and run updated mis in frog. This is the whole point of my thread
  19. update done overnight fingers crossed
  20. will see if they have done ours in the morning
  21. Only time will tell now the update is being applied this week so hopefully it will fix the issues we are having. Maybe They have got it right this time. (trying to be positive)
  22. tablets urggghhhhhhhhh
  23. Staff are getting really ticked off with doing work and then it not working after an update, It is hard enough getting them to use it so yes I am not happy as for the pdf problem it was tested in and out of school with the same results all browsers from ie7 ie8 ie9 chrome and firefox the issue is the way frog handles loading files from Links set within a Box Yes I agree We need to talk to someone high up at frog. Testing is the key we just dont need to keep redesigning the layout of pages to workaround a problem they created with a so called update. Russan Roulette on udpate day might have to install moodle when I get some time and see what it can do for us.
  24. i always wait for updates also let someone else be unlucky, you say they are growing and getting more staff but getting the core product working as it should needs to be the priority for any company. They are expanding into other countrys but the core of the platform is not right We do put calls into frog but they do not talk to each other We have had an issue with pdf files not opening anymore in certain situations it was working fine before the last update, so we speak to some script monkey telling us its our system the usual update your browser rubbish and it will work. 1 week later we ask for an update it has been passed onto second line blah blah ring up 2 weeks later no sorry we cant see a problem it must be your system. read the release notes for the next upgrade low and behold they have a patch for the problem......Hermmmmm but this problem does not exist according to frog. We are thinking of moving away now as it is not good enough for the investment and trust we put in the company. You have been really lucky with your frog box maybe it is because we were one of the first to take up frog
×
×
  • Create New...