Midget
Members-
Posts
1,313 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by Midget
-
Anything in Wales atm?
-
Leave my panda skin jacket out of this
-
Bloody crusty animal righters *puts on People for the Eating of Tasty Animals T-Shirt* *runs from localz*
-
just got the 6300, tis great. and only £100 with £10 credit on PayG from CPW atm.
-
They're the badgers I was talking about, great little switches, completely unmanaged and simple. Only had one fail out of ~20. Prob not very good if you put alot of load on them, so no good for trunk or media centers, but for 23 standard access PCs they are great
-
Sod big names, if they are just small end of branch switches just get a load of cheap SumVision ones for <£30. If they break, so what! Just replace it. The county were trying to get us to buy £300 3COM ones and didn't understand that 10 £30 switches made more sence for end of branch small IT rooms.
-
3 to 4 hours!? aaawwwwr are you seriously going ot have 3-4hours of royalty free christmas music? considering I'd be listening to it in the car on a long drive I hope you take responsibility for any road rage caused by it I believe the music from the nutcracker suite is royalty free and pretty christmasy
-
I left a large piece of documentation which detailed all of the servers and switches and their IP addresses and passwords What to do in the case of emergency details on how to use the software that I had produced (bulk adding new users, changing passwords etc) Full descriptions of my printer and logon scripts How to distribute new programs using GPO How to image machines Email and my large list of future projects that I hadn't had the time or money to complete
-
Completely OT, but FN-Greatermanchester> why do you have a picture of a 14yo in your avatar?
-
i have a 40GB iRiver (fantasic item) that i keep in my car for when I get fed up of the CDs in the CDChanger or for long journeys so I can listen to an audio book (Discworld FTW)
-
Anyone in York looking for an Internet connection?
Midget replied to wrights's topic in Wireless Networks
are you suggesting that you are going to open your wireless? -
Are you working your notice atm? Do you have holiday due at all? or can you afford to sacrifice 3weeks pay or can start the other job early If like me and one of the above answers is yes, don't turn up on monday.
-
OTL> that's the correct way. What you didn't notice was the important keys and the 60page network documentation was strapped to the back of the shelving unit.
-
"don't burn bridges" What about when the head burns the bridge as you are walking across it ?
-
congratulations leBat, glad things have worked out for you. Wish you luck in your adventure, whatever it brings.
-
If it's anything like the one I had then you just need to switch it off and on again at the switch on the printer.
-
the sony badge
-
I'm not questioning his belief or his religion, that's a personal choice, but the IT market is difficult enough as it is. I couldn't imagine trying to explain to people that I spent the last 2 years not working (doesn't matter what you are doing, it is seen as dossing by the interviewer) and 2 years without experiance and not in the market could be a death knoll for his career. I would hold the same view over any religion asking a person to do this, and there ARE door to door mormon salesmen in the UK, we'd have them all the time in uni, and drunk students are NOT curtious when interupted.
-
So you are going to give up your job, your income, your life, your future employment and the internet to live in a church in Chorley and work for free for 2 years, on the whim of some bloke who's be elected to be head of your church? Seriously? Madness. Will you be doing the door to door stuff as well? If you think you get badly treated by people now, wait until you are sworn at and have doors slammed in your face.
-
Here it is. The new EduGeek logo.
Midget replied to Dos_Box's topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
keep the .net with the angle logo though -
Here it is. The new EduGeek logo.
Midget replied to Dos_Box's topic in General EduGeek News/Announcements
I prefer the Edu from the old logo -
Disaster recovery - loss of key personnel
Midget replied to Oops_my_bad's topic in School ICT Policies
yes, but are any of your teachers or admin staff able to do that? -
Using a Boot disk you can use MediaTools to image a drive 1-to-1, in windows you can use WinHEX or EnCase to exactly copy a drive to image file, image file to drive and drive to drive.
-
There is no good equivalent to Dreamweaver which is one thing stopping alot of businesses changing to linux
