-
Posts
105 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by IT_Master
-
Now I remembered where I got that from. They ask me the question, my mind was blanked, I looked on my notepad scroll through and said no thank you with a Colgate smile. Thank you witch.
-
I saw this advert and would love to share it: ICT Network Technician advert
-
Im in the same boat looking for jobs. But im different. I have guts to startup a little company of my own. Next week ill be giving out flyers door-door and see how that works out. Im glad that im great in electronics so that I can repair electronic devices. Who knows...I may post a job offer here for a secretary lol.
-
Im getting some excellent professional help from "witch" in this forum. My CV and a application im getting help with looks untouchable. WOW!
-
Thanks for your replies and mind-sharing. Im currently getting help with my CV. Help that I never got before. Now im getting the understanding of what a CV entails. But I used to juggle back home and I never needed any form of income, so you do I need it here? Whats the difference? The only income I need is bus fare lol. But all that is said, you guys are the greatest. Thanks for your word on things, it really helps.
-
Yea...I can do that. Ill have my mom deal with that.
-
I think I know what the problem is. When the ask for school qualifications I put CXC instead of GCSE. Make matters worst I dont have those past papers. Hurricane destroyed them lol.
-
Yea but most jobs iv applied for, not IT, needs CV. My CV is IT related. Im used to resume not CV.
-
No harsh. Where racism is concern I think people are brain washing me. But I can clear up that. I do want to be certified but my wife then said that she has no money at the moment. The money is for the coming baby. I think im just stressed, being inside all day is not what im used to. I dont watch tv nor having the heater on. I'll do some pc repairs until I can pay for certifications. Who knows...I may be the next Geek Squad in the UK.
-
Repairs in PCs and Macintosh Server 2003 Exchange Server Windows 98-Vista Printer Repairs UPS Repairs Structured Cabling Electronics My past job was field base. So our clients' devices varies.
-
Since the week after I came in the UK. I came in the UK December 13, 2008. Im not used to be out of a job for more than 3 weeks. My wife is due to have a child today and I want to have ££ for my child. I want to start a future. Today I fell like printing some questionnaires and hand them all out. I love to work. .....10 years seem like life in prison.
-
Ok. I have filled out 1001 Computer Technician application forms since last year December, all came back by post: ''Unfortunetly you have not been successful'' blah blah blah. From I was employed as a computer repair technician in Jamaica, I wanted to be my own boss. My feelings tell me that I will never get employed in the UK. Is it because im from Jamaica, no qualifications, over experienced, no UK driving license or its because im just from Jamaica? Im very compitent in my line of career, Repairing Computers. Computers are very cheap in the UK. I think that if a part goes bad, someone can easily buy a new computer. Should I register my own IT Company? Should I do a questionnaire just to get a feel of the market out there? Is it hard to start up a company in the UK?
-
Seems like I have to move to Kent or London to get some of the action.
-
Installed VM ESX 3.5 on my machine, got hands-on experience with training videos and I still need to attend a class....no way mannnnn, no way. Screw VCP.
-
No effing way! I got a cbtnuggets cd video in esx 3.5 and that covers all about vmware. So I have to attend a in-class training before im allowed to take the exam?
-
ICT Technician - Wrotham School - closing date 13/3/09
IT_Master replied to elsiegee40's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Thanks for that. Just mailed the application today. -
ICT Technician - Wrotham School - closing date 13/3/09
IT_Master replied to elsiegee40's topic in Educational IT Jobs
If I may ask, what is the suggested salary for the actual person? -
OK. Feel like I could take all now but...........Im not in a job. O well I'll have to wait before I get some cash.
-
Can someone please tell me the cost to sit the IT exams? Not the cost to be trained, but the cost for the actually exam. I need cost for: Linux+ MCP MCSE MCSA CCNA CCNP VMware Thanks!
-
ICT Technician - Wrotham School - closing date 13/3/09
IT_Master replied to elsiegee40's topic in Educational IT Jobs
Any in the Birmingham area? -
You are perfectly right. Ill tailor my cv to meet different job roles and see the outcome of it. May take awhile but ill do it. Thanks again!
-
The thing is guys, back home I was a field technician so I had to multitask. My job role was: Cabling Printer Repairing (Laser + Dot Matrix) Consultancy Macintosh Technican PC Technician including Server Basic Linux Administration So with all of these knowledge its hard to write a cv. And back in Jamaica my past employers used me to make money. They brain-washed me of not getting a certification. I wanted to migrate to the UK and they told me that its best to be certified in the UK and not in Jamaica. Was that true? I was being paid $50K per month (thats £500) LOL. I was the only technician that would do any work at any given time and could complete it in a timely professional manner. So without any form of qualification here in the UK, I dont stand a chance with other qualified UK peeps. With all the experience....I cant prove it.
-
Ill try but I hope something comes up sooner or later.
-
OMG! No one helped to to wite one really. Im more used to "RESUME" not CV. Ill rewrite right now.
-
Status: Married Personal Statement I am strongly self-motivated with extensive “hands on” experience. Consistently successful in delivering improved operational efficiency and enhanced customer satisfaction. Energetic and creative with a special talent for solving technical problems. Exceptional interpersonal communication, analytical and logical process skills with high client service awareness. My knowledge base gained by self studying with practice CDs/DVDs, hands-on experience and with the help of online forums. From time to time solving problems that I have never seen before is just fun because I know where to get answers in a “nic” of time. Subject/Qualifications (CXC) Place of Study Grade/Results Year Obtained Mathematics Jamaica 2 2001 English Language Jamaica 2 2001 Information Technology Jamaica 1 2001 Technical Drawing Jamaica 3 2001 Electrical & Electronics Tech. Jamaica 2 2001 Physics Jamaica 3 2001 Self Study Knowledge Course Software Linux – RedHat {installed in VMware} Installation Process Setting up Users Configuring Firewall: Iptables Configuring SSH LearnKey Linux+ Cisco - CCNA {practices in CCNA Network Visualizer 6.0} Microsoft SQL 2005 {installed in VMware} Microsoft MCSE Subnetting Configuring Switches/Routers Adding Encrypted Passwords Adding Vlans Setting up RIP, OSPF Implementing and Maintenance Administration Designing and Creating Tables Managing and Maintaining a Server 2003 Design a Server 2003 AD and Network Infrastructure. Implementing and Administering Security in a Windows Server 2003 Network. Planning Implementing and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 AD Infrastructure. Implementing and Administering Security in a Windows Server 2003 Network. Planning Implementing and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 AD Infrastructure. Exchange 2003 Administration and Design CBTNugget CBTNugget SQL 2005 CBTNugget MCSE Employment History Summary of Job Dates Computer Technician LAN Integrators Ltd 5 Tremaine Rd, Kingston 6 Jamaica.: Clean & Service of Computers + Printers Computer Repairs + Upgrades. Cat5e-6 Cabling & Testing. Setting up Routers/Switches on Network Microsoft Server 2003 Installation Microsoft Exchange 2003 Administration & Design Add/Remove Users from Active Directory Set Group Policy Installing Powerware UPS Computer Help Desk Basic SAP Configuring Software Analyzing Lotus Notes Configuration Checkpoint Firewall Configuration IT Hardware Sales: Servers, Printers, Print Servers etc. March 6, 2006 – April 30, 2008 Senior Computer Technician Discount Computers 1392 South Windermere Pl. Cumberland, Portmore Jamaica. Overall Responsibilities: Clean & Service of Computers + Printers Computer Repairs + Upgrades. Cat5e-6 Cabling & Testing. Setting up Routers/Switches on Network Microsoft Server 2003 Installation Macintosh Server OS X Installation Installing/Configuring VMware Fusion - Mac Add/Remove Users from Active Directory Set Group Policy Macintosh Repairs & Upgrades (Laptops, G3-G5 and IMac) Help Desk (onsite & remote) Rollouts of Norton Antivirus to Users Removal of Dangerous Viruses Microsoft Exchange Administration & Design Software Analyzing Remove Forgotten Passwords (users + systems) Setting up Network Infrastructure (rack + cabinet) Setting up CCTV on Network + Monitoring Backing up Data Checkpoint Firewall Configuration Configuring Web Remote Connection Using Logmein to log into Customer’s Computer Installation, Configurations & maintenance of computer hardware including Dell, HP, IBM, G3-G5, Imac workstations and servers. Installation and maintenance of network hardware such as Cisco or Nortel routers/switches. This involves firmware updates, configuration and backup/restore of configurations. Retrieve user’s data from damaging hard drive with software utility call MiniPE (LiveCD). Repairing printers such as Dot-matrix, Bubble Jet and LaserJet within the shortest time possible. Installed and configure SAP on client machine and set user rights. May 6, 2008 – December 9, 2008 Installation and configuration of Veritas Backup Exec 9.1 including daily backups and restoration of lost user data. Installation of cabling infrastructure such as wall mounts racks and patch panel. Setting up Cat5e and Cat6 cabling with supply the customer of a network layout diagram of the network points. Remote help desk by using Logmein (http://www.Logmein.com) which supports Macintosh and Windows Computers. Norton Antivirus roll-outs to users from server. Ghosting and imaging hard drives then burn to dual-layer dvds for secure data backup. Day to day installation of Adobe CS2/3, MS Office 2004, ILife ‘07/8, troubleshooting problems which may occur within these software. Replacing damaged/damaging LCD screens on the IMacs and Mac pro laptops. Keep computers running their best by using “cleanup!” utility for the pc and “onyx” for the Macintosh Installing Windows Operating System within VMware Fusion on Macintosh Systems Installing Mac OS X on PC Hardware – (Test Purposes only) Technical Skills: VMware VMware Fusion - Mac Microsoft Office Norton Antivirus McAfee Antivirus Security Center Logmein and VNC Live CD (Microsoft and Macintosh) Basic Dreamweaver Problem Solving Flexible and Assertive MS System Administrator To work on own initiative Blackberry BES (practice with manual by Mitesh Desai & Dan Renfroe) Norton Ghost TCP/IP Firewall Software Microsoft Visio Checkpoint Firewall Microsoft SQL 2005 ISA Server 2000/2004 Active Directory Microsoft Exchange Server Service Desk/Helpdesk Analyst Adobe CS3 – Mac MS Office 2004/2008 - Mac Hobbies: Joining online forums i.e. Linux, Windows and Macintosh Studying and Reading Playing console games Working with computers all day
