Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

malware

Members
  • Posts

    57
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by malware

  1. We used GDPR Sentry for training. Test at the end and faux certificate.
  2. There is literally nothing you can do to stop people accessing the C drive. Just get proper security in place so its mostly just readable.
  3. I think you're confusing long covid with post-intensive care syndrome, which can be devastating on the body and mind. The videos of people having to learn to walk again are heart-breaking.
  4. You cannot currently make the claim that it isn't in the mind either. When something has no diagnosis criteria and symptoms can be anything and everything and can last a couple of weeks, to a few months. The original point was that long covid would cause the NHS to be overwhelmed, there is zero evidence to suggest that would happen. I do not know anyone who has self-diagnosed long covid, nor would I use their anecdotal experience as evidence. I have heard people claim the vaccine is still making them feel unwell weeks after receiving the jab, do I believe them? No.
  5. Before working in IT, I was a HVAC Engineer. I would advise your POs to leave any unit in the server room on 24/7 at around 21C set point on cooling. Servicing should be done every 6 months and the downtime will only be around 20-30 minutes per unit, this way you will get less pump failures, strip downs required. Can't say I went to many offices/schools (even during half terms, summer holidays) where the units were not on and blowing cold. Definitely raise the issue.
  6. I'm 24 years old, I have not had my first dose of vaccine yet. I think the vaccine rollout is going extremely, extremely well. I think you're holding a particularly pessimistic view probably due to in-part your distrust of our current government, unless you're speaking of under 16s who are not currently included in the 'adult population' rollout - in which case there is not enough data and as far as I know, haven't been told they will be receiving one? Perhaps I'm wrong considering the US is now vaccinating the younger population. Like i said in my 2nd post, I wouldn't be opposed to a few extra weeks, it would help me get my first dose before the full unlock. Also, can we just shutdown nightclubs forever please?
  7. I don't know about you, but I'd say it's pretty reasonable to believe you're more fatigued, have brain fog and feel 'not right' after catching and recovering from a disease that has been globally covered and feared. Especially if you had to be hospitalized, as we already know people often get post-intensive care syndrome and post-viral fatigue. I think it's similar when people say 'they don't feel right' weeks after their vaccine, the human mind is funny sometimes. Placebo studies are a great example of this. I think i'll stay out of politics though, that's one thing no one will ever agree on.
  8. There is zero evidence long covid would cause log jams in the NHS, bear in mind it is such early days that we can't even say for certain that long covid exists. All long-covid cases so far have been self-reported rather than clinical diagnosis and can include a broad range of symptoms such as fatigue, muscle pain, and difficulty concentrating. Some doctors have hypothesized that it could be similar to fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndrome, where its more dependent on the person themselves rather than the actual virus. Besides, we have only had the vaccine since December, this is not like previous lockdowns... I wouldn't be opposed to another few weeks or a month...
  9. 2021-05-10_COVID-19_Press_Conference_Slides__for_publication_.pdf (publishing.service.gov.uk) Have a look at the Test 2 slide, it wouldn't really make sense to wait for 75% for the 2nd dose. The over 65s make up so many of the deaths compared to how little they caught the virus, compare that with younger people who have such little deaths compared to the overwhelming majority of cases. Waiting in semi-lockdown for anyone below 50 seems a little extreme.
  10. +1 for Lightspeed.
  11. We discourage the use but do not stop them, if something is not working on a personal machine, we will advise them that we only support our own devices.
  12. Damn I missed free socks :'( My vote would have gone to the 90s neon, can't beat a classic.
  13. When I'm not self-hosting I have used Krystal, decent company and UK based. If you go the VPS route, I have used Vultr for a year or two and has been great.
×
×
  • Create New...