-
Posts
305 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
News
20th
EduGeek EDIT Conference
Blogs
Everything posted by AB_IT
-
Outlook 2013 keep defaulting to Old Exchange Server
AB_IT replied to AB_IT's topic in Cloud Services
No MX records set in our local DNS that I can see. I don't think we've used PRF files although this was setup by an external company so maybe? Where would I find these to remove? Checked the log thank you It says it's discovering our old Exchange Server through SCP. Sorry to be a noob but how would I go about getting rid of this? -
Hello Everyone We have an issue where anytime I create a new profile on Outlook 2013 to try and re-add the users new O365 Mailbox it keeps defaulting to our decomissioned Exchange server. I don't understand how or why but I've removed our internal autodiscover record to point instead as a CNAME at autodiscover.outlook.com as is our online domain. When I run an autodiscover test on Outlook it's still finding our old mail server and says it points to there. I've also flushed the DNS. Any ideas?
-
Fixed.. Oh my god what a faff! For anyone in a similar situation I had to run the Fix It Tool for 'Every' Version of Microsoft and that seemed to do it on second one.
-
I've got it to install on one out of two of our RDS servers. It was something to do with it creating a Registry key entitled Office16. After I removed this it would install. Tried to do the same on the other RDS server but it's being a real pain, it does this everytime? If I press OK on the install path (I know my ISO is fine) it just keeps asking me for another file and then goes round in circles.
-
Good shout thank you but nothing unfortunatley. It won't even install the 2013 Office ISO on the server so it must be something to do with the server rather than O365 surely?
-
Yeah I did do the whole 'Shared Computer Activation' thing fine. It's just now that we want to just install standard Office 2013 it won't install back. O365 won't either, can't get any version of office to just simple install on both our RDS servers since uninstall O365 version.
-
Hi All, Really confused at this one, so is our external support company - they can't work it out either. We have an RDS server that our staff use to complete their work. We recently upgraded to O365 and replaced our old Office 2013 version with O365 Apps. This worked fine but we have some old Access Databases that didn't play too nice with the new version so for now want to revert back to Office 2013. I uninstalled O365 and attempted to re-install Office 2013 but everytime I do it fails on installation. Not sure how or why this is happening. I have tried a Clean Boot, tried running Microsoft's Office Uninstaller Helper thing, there's nothing in event viewer to tell me why it's failed, it doesn't give me an error just a generic 'failed' message. I've restarted, kicked all other users off etc... Can't think of what else to try. Has anyone seen this before or can help in any way? I can't even reinstall the O365 apps as that now fails everytime... Seriously. I've been working on this for 6 hours and none of the staff can work so I'm hoping one of you nice people will know what to do Thank you!!
-
Thank you for your help, I really do appreciate it! Okay so my Domain config on TrendMicro is correct and I have port 25 as the port so there shouldn't be an issue? I'll speak to Trend tomorrow and see what they say. Ah, that makes sense with regards to SPF. I presume there's no way around this as if I want to filter incoming emails through Trend it's always going to have Trend as the IP? Unless you think there's something I can do to maintain that layer of protection? Surely Trend will fill the gap and be the one to ensure SPF Records are correct before passing it onto my O365 users so does it matter if I make O365 blindly accept all emails from Trend? Sorry for all the questions!
-
Thanks mate, I tried doing what you said previously and just copied the MX record that O365 gives into Trend Micro using Port 25... I'm not sure on the port as O365 doesn't give you this so maybe that's what's wrong? When I hover over the red "!" it says unable to connect to inbound server. I didn't know I had to do any of the other stuff you have said about SPF and SCL -1 rule... I'll be honest I haven't got a clue what you're on about. I know "spf" is usually inputted into your domain as a TXT record is this the same thing? What do I need to do with this? It all seems to be working weirdly... I can send and recieve emails just fine, I just can't figure out how it's working!? But now you've said about the latter I'm worried it won't continue to work? Edit: I have a TXT record in my DNS saying this... "v=spf1 ip4:"On-Premise WAN Address" include:spf.hes.trendmicro.com include:spf.example.com ~all" I presume I need to change the "On-Premise WAN Address" part to point to orgname-co-uk.mail.protection.outlook.com , have I got that right?
-
I don't think it's that as that's for pointing O365 to Trend Micro as it's Trend Micro's servers. The IP that was in the field previously on the Trend Micro Dashboard was our Exchange Mail Servers IP address. But I don't know what to put in for O365? Hopefully these screenshots will explain better what I mean
-
Thank you for responding pal I've already done the above and added into O365 but Trend Micro I presume will need to be pointed to O365 in order to deliver emails there and not to our Exchange Server? It's this part that I'm stuck on although even their instructions don't tell you how to retrieve the Inbound Server address...
-
Hey All, Just changing over to O365 from our on-prem exchange server. We use a filter called Trend Micro Hosted Email Security which was originally pointing to our Office IP address to access our exchange server and filter appropriatley. I need to change this so it's pointing at our O365 platform instead. The issue is the service is asking for an Inbound Mail Server IP or FQDN and port number. I've looked everywhere to try and source something for O365 but to no avail. Does anyone know where I can find this information from? Any help would be most appreciated, all our support has isn't available anymore so I'm all on my own trying to navigate this lol! Thanks in advance
-
Hello All, So seems the migration has gone well but when I try to migrate across my mailbox it just won't work it keeps giving me the following: Unable to provision jobs from the current recipient. The owner recipient isn't a valid user. What I can't understand is that every other valid mailbox seems to have transffered just fine but mine fails every time. Is there an easy way around this like exporting my mailbox as a PST and then re-importing it back into O365 with a blank account or something similar? Thanks in advance
-
It's a good job you're here, I feel like an idiot thus far lol! Thanks for your help sometimes it just needs a fresh pair of eyes
-
Thanks both That worked, it was me being an idiot and not reading the documentation properly. I have added the Migration Endpoint into Exchange Online. The only issue I have now is that when I start an 'Migrate to Exchange Online' wizard, it all fills in properly and lets me get right to the end but then it asks to browse for a user to send a report to. I've clicked browse but no users are shown? Bit confused... Is there something stupid I'm missing again?
-
Hey Everyone, Hopefully one of you guys can help. I was going through this guide, I've had a couple of set backs but got through each of them with a little more research and now I'm on point 3 which says go to recipients - migration - new - migrate to exchange online but I don't have that option on my exchange server? I know I'm probably doing something stupid and wrong here so if anyone could point it out I'd really appreciate it. Thanks
-
I have shrank them before but then got a huge telling off by the support company that works for us (soon to be decomissioned) as they where blaming me for the reason the Replica was breaking which I didn't really get as I always ensured I'd start a new replica when I shrunk the HDD. It's not ideal as we replicate our VM's over the internet every 15 Minutes and they reguarly fail, is this to be expected? We have a 200mb leased line at both premises. Okay, noted. Thank you I won't mess with them then, wouldn't want to loose that data or risk it as it's our main file server. I've looked through the logs and can see that the Replication has failed, but there's nothing concerning snapshots or merges or anything like that. Could this be symptom of the replication failing? Other servers replication is okay, just seems to be our biggest two that are having the issues which is our Exchange and File Server. Thank you for helping really appreciate it
-
Thanks Steve for your help. I've turned the server off and it's taking a while but it says 'Merge in Progress' and has free'd up quite a bit of space again. I'm not maxed out at all, still have a about 200GB free on the SAN storage but when the server makes all these avhdx files on top of it eventually goes over the 200GB that's free and the server pauses. Our exchange server shares the same storage but this doesn't have any avhdx files at all. Soon we'll be moving away from Exchange to Office 365 and as our exchange server is almost 1TB in size it will free up a lot more room on the SAN as I'll just remove the exchange server altogether once we've moved. I know it's probably not reccomended but we do have other backup methods. Is there a way I can stop the server in question making avhdx files temporarily and turn it back on at the end of June to stop this from happening or is there no way to do that? The IT Manager before me setup the server to use a fixed HDD on all our servers so we're kind of stuck and now I don't have the room to convert the HDD type to dynamic and free up a bunch of space. I think he did it because Fixed are meant to be faster? But I had dynamic at my last place and we never had any issues with speed. EDIT: I tried following this tutorial https://ivankahl.com/disabling-checkpoints-in-hyper-v/ but I don't have the option he has in either HyperV Manager or Failover Cluster Manager I just get the following in both:
-
Hey Guys, Can someone help explain this to me? We have a SAN here shared between two Hyper-V Servers. The Virtual Servers Hard Disks are stored on the SAN in question. We've recently ran out of storage space on the SAN but I can't understand how this is possible as the Hard Drives aren't as big as the Hard Drives on the actual VM... If that makes sense? There also seems to be loads of .avhdx files while are large in size but again I don't understand the reason for this. How can the our 'Data' D: drive be only 211GB large with a maximum capacity of 499GB but then the .VHDX it's associated to be 524GB plus a bunch of these .avhdx files also? Our Userprofile H: drive is another as this is generating huge .avhdx files. Is there anything I can do with this to free up some space or somehow get rid of the avhdx files as not all our servers have these? Sorry if I'm being clueless but I don't want to mess anything up.
-
/Cutover I think sounds like the best way to go. Is there anything you'd reccomend I do or look out for? Is the process fairly straight forward or is it a pain?
-
Hi All, Hope everyone is well! I'm just looking for some guidance if possible on the best way to migrate all our Exchange email server across to O365. I've move GApps to O365 and an old County Email system over but never from Exchange. Any software packages that make the task easier, any tips and tricks you can share I'd really appreciate it. Thank you all
-
New Mailbox Accounts on Exchange won't recieve external emails?
AB_IT replied to AB_IT's topic in Enterprise Software
I've got this error if it helps from my firewall host OUR MAIL SERVER IP[OUR MAIL SERVER IP] said: 550 Rule imposed mailbox access for [email protected] refused (in reply to RCPT TO command) -
New Mailbox Accounts on Exchange won't recieve external emails?
AB_IT replied to AB_IT's topic in Enterprise Software
Thank you. I've had a look and it's just set to which is what other accounts are set to and they're working fine so don't think it's this unfortunatley We use something called TrendMicro, it was left to me from the old IT Manager here but their support has been dreadful! They're saying it's got nothing to do with them but im unconvinced. -
Hi All Hoping someone can help, it's been confusing my brain for quite some time. We have Exchange 2016 and it's worked fine up to a couple of weeks ago. Basically I'll create a new user in AD and add that existing user to Exchange. The issue is the new accounts can recieve emails from our same domain so internal emails and it can send them to internal emails, it can also send emails successfully to external addresses like my personal gmail. When I try and then respond from an external email such as my gmail to the new account I get a bounce back. I've checked everything I can think of like Mail flow rules and on our filter but I can't find anything wrong. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
-
Thanks guys I'll look into it didn't even know this was a thing! I don't think we're low on disk space a ram but I'll definitely be looking now! [emoji4]
