ITJS2015 Posted March 22, 2017 Posted March 22, 2017 Hi All Just wondering if anyone can help We are in process of getting bit locker up but my problem is that I have created an image using generation 1 on hyperv. I have been told to use generation 2, so iv created a gen2 vm and used wds to bring down my image on to the vm which then showed on disk management the partitions for eufi etc. I have captured it again and brought it down onto a laptop with tpm on it with secure but disabled. I have managed to deploy the image onto it but no partitions have been created. Should I be using a unnatend file to partition the drives, I have not got time to install MDT and learn it. Please can someone help Thanks
Arthur Posted March 22, 2017 Posted March 22, 2017 my problem is that I have created an image using generation 1 on hyperv. I have been told to use generation 2, so iv created a gen2 vm Images created on a gen 1 VM will also work on gen 2 VMs / UEFI-based PCs. The opposite won't work however. www.edugeek.net/forums/windows-10/173940-windows-10-edu-capturing-sccm.html#post1491845
Arthur Posted March 22, 2017 Posted March 22, 2017 I have not got time to install MDT and learn it. There's not much you need to learn if you follow a guide like this one... www.scconfigmgr.com/2015/10/24/create-a-windows-10-enterprise-reference-image-with-mdt-2013-update-1
ITJS2015 Posted March 22, 2017 Author Posted March 22, 2017 The problem I have is that my image works fine but doesn't apply the partitions on the laptops with TMP enabled and secure boot disabled so that it boots into uefi mode. Is there anyway of creating partitions without MDT or trying to get it done with an unnatend file ?
Arthur Posted March 22, 2017 Posted March 22, 2017 Is there anyway of creating partitions without MDT or trying to get it done with an unattend file? There is. Try adding the section shown in the post below to your unattend.xml file... www.edugeek.net/forums/o-s-deployment/169815-uefi-image-problems.html#post1462845
ITJS2015 Posted March 23, 2017 Author Posted March 23, 2017 Henk's blog: PXE Boot files in RemoteInstall folder explained (UEFI) This was the problem, I had to use my dhcp scope to use mys server option settings to enable 067 and 66, main 66 as this was a requirement for newer bios. Iv pointed to the file bootmgrwds.efi which then uses in wds to create partitions
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now