Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have this laptop connected to a Windows 2008 R2 64 Bit server. The network printer is not showing.

 

When trying to add the printer manually an error is shown:

Unable to install printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000006).

 

This is the same error whether I try and add the printer through its share or directly to its IP address, and I am using the latest Win 7 32 Bit printer drivers from the Konica Minolta website which are working fine on all other Win 7 32 Bit laptops.

 

I have gone into printui.exe /s /t2 and removed the printer drivers but this has not fixed the issue. I have also tried adding and deleting some reg keys I found on other forums, but this made no difference.

 

I am not getting many errors in the event viewer, but am getting an error when the group policy for the printer is trying to apply. In Application an error 4098 "Group Policy object did not apply because it failed with error code '0x80070006 The handle is invalid'. This error was suppressed.

 

I have a pretty much identical laptop next to this one where the printer is working fine. Only think that has happened recently is someone has installed Office 2010 on the laptop without installing Office 2003 (not me) so I am wondering if that may have caused the issue.

 

The printer is a Konica Minolta bizhub C35, and I have no other network printers I can try.

 

I could reimage the machine, but as this seems the only issue I would prefer to fix it and figure out why this has happened.

 

I just installed a HP Laserjet 4250 Driver on LPT1 and that installed fine. Same 0x00000006 error if I try and install the Konica Miniolta printer onto LPT1 though, so does seem to be related to this printer.

Posted
I have this laptop connected to a Windows 2008 R2 64 Bit server. The network printer is not showing.

 

When trying to add the printer manually an error is shown:

Unable to install printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000006).

 

This is the same error whether I try and add the printer through its share or directly to its IP address, and I am using the latest Win 7 32 Bit printer drivers from the Konica Minolta website which are working fine on all other Win 7 32 Bit laptops.

 

I have gone into printui.exe /s /t2 and removed the printer drivers but this has not fixed the issue. I have also tried adding and deleting some reg keys I found on other forums, but this made no difference.

 

I am not getting many errors in the event viewer, but am getting an error when the group policy for the printer is trying to apply. In Application an error 4098 "Group Policy object did not apply because it failed with error code '0x80070006 The handle is invalid'. This error was suppressed.

 

I have a pretty much identical laptop next to this one where the printer is working fine. Only think that has happened recently is someone has installed Office 2010 on the laptop without installing Office 2003 (not me) so I am wondering if that may have caused the issue.

 

The printer is a Konica Minolta bizhub C35, and I have no other network printers I can try.

 

I could reimage the machine, but as this seems the only issue I would prefer to fix it and figure out why this has happened.

 

I just installed a HP Laserjet 4250 Driver on LPT1 and that installed fine. Same 0x00000006 error if I try and install the Konica Miniolta printer onto LPT1 though, so does seem to be related to this printer.

 

Ahh group policy preferences strikes again..

 

I have spent months and months on this.. Needless to say I give up and have gone back to vb script.

 

You need to restart the print spooler to get rod of the error. Failing that stopping the spoiler, deleting all drivers from printui and also references in reg.

 

Once this is done you can can add the printer.

 

Have you deleted or altered the print processor in reg too?

 

If you need further help I have all documentation for this in my desk. Ill send it to you

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...