Big_Ted Posted February 6, 2013 Posted February 6, 2013 Doubling every 3months. and thats just the chrome users: Google Announces 2,000 Schools Use Chromebooks I am no expert but i expect when using GCP there is no way to identify who sent the job so not a lot PaperCut can do. Happy to be corrected
CyberNerd Posted February 6, 2013 Posted February 6, 2013 I am no expert but i expect when using GCP there is no way to identify who sent the job so not a lot PaperCut can do. Happy to be corrected On the contrary, there is an entire API available for integration with product like papercut: https://developers.google.com/cloud-print/docs/devguide
misterfriendly Posted March 24, 2013 Posted March 24, 2013 hi Ian, I would love to see some easier way of printing directly from Google Apps edu to PaperCut. Right now users have to download a PDF and go thru numerous dialog boxes to print a Google Doc. And if they make the mistake of choosing the CloudPrint option, the job never comes out at all. Maybe a browser plugin could handle some of these intermediate tasks?
ianatpapercut Posted March 26, 2013 Posted March 26, 2013 hi Ian, I would love to see some easier way of printing directly from Google Apps edu to PaperCut. Right now users have to download a PDF and go thru numerous dialog boxes to print a Google Doc. And if they make the mistake of choosing the CloudPrint option, the job never comes out at all. Maybe a browser plugin could handle some of these intermediate tasks? There are a lot of different cloud-based productivity suites that aren't very well geared towards managed printing. At this stage we're trying to track what is actually going to be viable to invest engineering resources in the long term, so your feedback is quite useful there. We're currently not looking at going down the browser plugin route, due to the browser support requirements, etc.
misterfriendly Posted March 26, 2013 Posted March 26, 2013 hi Ian, Thanks for your response. Seems to me that, at least in the edu space, Google Docs is by far the leading cloud-based suite — it works, has enough functionality for most users, and it's free. Printing is the biggest headache (as usual). I'm not a programmer, so I'll defer to your judgement that a browser plugin isn't the best solution. But I think I speak for a lot of school IT admins when I wish for a simpler print workflow from Google Docs to PaperCut. Maybe Google CloudPrint could be part of the solution, or maybe it's too consumer-grade to be of much use. Put this in your 'vote for a feature' blog and I think you'll see a lot of interest.
josemsi Posted March 28, 2013 Posted March 28, 2013 There are many similar products like printer watch, printeradmin print job manager, pcounter.....
misterfriendly Posted April 30, 2013 Posted April 30, 2013 (edited) this just appeared, if you run PaperCut & Google Apps take a look: PaperCut KB | Google Cloud Print and PaperCut Edited April 30, 2013 by misterfriendly
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now