ChrisH Posted July 6, 2007 Posted July 6, 2007 Ok this one is really annoying me now. I am trying to edit things like the parents menu. I have found the module location and have tried editing it but it seems to make no difference. All I have tried to do is deselect a few items and the persist on staying in the menu. The same way I cannot add any items. I know its not my browser cache or anything like that so I need a few pointers please. TIA Chris
Guest Posted July 6, 2007 Posted July 6, 2007 Are you trying to remove items from the menu? If so all you need to do is unpublish the content item e.g. From the admin backend goto: Content > Content By Section > Information For Parents > Information For Parents Items Click on the Publish icon next to the item you want to unpublish. This will remove the content from the site so it wont be displayed while browsing the section via the prev / next links. Then unpublish the menu item by going to: Menu > parentsmenu Click on the Publish icon next to the item you have just unpublished. If you want to add content take alook through the main thread as I think it has been covered there already.
ChrisH Posted July 6, 2007 Author Posted July 6, 2007 Thanks I managed to edit the parent menu but.... Couldn't find anything about adding content in the main post. Basically I have set up an about us section. This links from the menu item on the main page to the about us page. I have three items in the about us section. I have set up an about us menu linking to these items. I have then gone to the modules and copied the parents menu. I have renamed it about us. Set the menu lower down to about us and selected the pages on the right it should appear on. Its just doesnt appear though what am I doing wrong ? As soon as I get this sorted I will be set cheers Chris
Guest Posted July 6, 2007 Posted July 6, 2007 When you create a new menu it will automatically create a new module for that menu. If I understand right, you want a new main menu item (about us) which links to an about us section with 3 diferent items, and you want this to work like the parents section? If this is the case you can do this by First creating a new category under the parents section. Then create and save your new conent into the newly created category. Create a new main menu item that links to the first content item of your new category. Create a new menu that has links to each individual content item. Publish the new menu module to the corect pages. If this is right let me know and I will sort out some kind of how to on this for you and anyone else as I think this will be very useful.
ChrisH Posted July 6, 2007 Author Posted July 6, 2007 That sounds like what I have done. hmmmmm will keep playing
ChrisH Posted July 6, 2007 Author Posted July 6, 2007 http://www.fishermore.lancs.sch.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=81&Itemid=86
Guest Posted July 6, 2007 Posted July 6, 2007 Right as I said before when you created your new About Us menu in the menu manager a new module should have been created automatically with a name chosen by you. Find this under Modules > Site Modules Click on the link for the menu module and check that it is published and that the position is set to right. Then using the Pages / Items window to the right make sure the menu is set to be displayed on the pages mainmenu|About Us and for example aboutusmenu|About Us aboutusmenu|Expectations aboutusmenu|Mission Statement
ChrisH Posted July 6, 2007 Author Posted July 6, 2007 I have done all that. It seems that if I set it to display on all pages it appears. If i set it to appear on certain pages then it doesnt appear. Thanks for the help much appreciated. Not sure what to try now. EDIT FIXED I had missed the selection of the MainMenu|about us as well as the sections under about us as well. Gah !!!!!!!!! Seems a bit strange it doesnt appear on the other pages unless that main menu entry is selected as well. Thanks again
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now