deebee Posted December 7, 2012 Posted December 7, 2012 (edited) Hi, I've just set up HAP+ 8.4 (with 8.4.1 My Files patch) and set up a couple of mapped drives for use, and thats worked nicely. I can do everything I want with it logged in as the admin user. However when I came to test it as a student login, it logs into the home page fine, but when i click my files, it loads the page, but fails to load the shares, I just get a rotating refresh arrow next to the top level 'My Drives' item in the tree, and a couple of messages below saying "Something is wrong" and that it's been logged. I'm assuming its some permission error given it works as admin but not as a student, but I don't know where logs might tell me. Apologies if this has been asked before but a quick scan of the forum didn't turn anything up. Any ideas? David Edit: I should probably mention its IIS6 on an old 2003R2 server we have. Edit 2: Did a bit of api peeking, on the admin login I get (from /api/MyFiles/Drives): - - Change ../images/icons/netdrive.png Documents N\ 79.79 But logged in as a student I get back JSON (also from /api/MyFiles/Drives): XML Parsing Error: not well-formed Location: https://hap.local/api/MyFiles/Drives Line Number 1, Column 1:{"Message":"Something is wrong","Detail":null,"FaultType":"Exception"} ^ Edited December 7, 2012 by deebee Additional Info
nickbro Posted December 7, 2012 Posted December 7, 2012 Check that the users have local logon rights to the server that is running HAP+ 1
sted Posted December 12, 2012 Posted December 12, 2012 anyway round local logon rights dont really want to give kids/staff local logon to a dc esp as its in the suite rather than a server room
nickbro Posted December 12, 2012 Posted December 12, 2012 None unfortunately, it's how HAP+ ensures security on your network. It's best to use a member server, usually it's a Terminal/Remote Desktop Server
sted Posted December 12, 2012 Posted December 12, 2012 None unfortunately, it's how HAP+ ensures security on your network. It's best to use a member server, usually it's a Terminal/Remote Desktop Server ideally yes but the only servers i have are in semi public locations and 2 of 3 are dcs the other has sims on it so there is 0 way im using that one lol hmm might have to look into a vm
nickbro Posted December 12, 2012 Posted December 12, 2012 A VM would work. If your servers are 2012 I think you can install Hyper-V
sted Posted December 12, 2012 Posted December 12, 2012 A VM would work. If your servers are 2012 I think you can install Hyper-V ones 2003 and sick lame dying 2 are 2008r2 and have various test vms on them already
Edu-IT Posted January 17, 2013 Posted January 17, 2013 Did you ever get anywhere with this? I have this message showing for some users, and not others, and they're all in the same group.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now