Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Here's one for the fellow cc3'ers

 

Obviously we use software restriction settings to dissalow running from system32 etc etc.

 

But some random edusoftware (microsmile maths) is needing to run from random locations.

 

Any idea how I can specifically override the srs for the specific software.

 

I thought i'd have some luck with writeaccess files, but alas, I didn't!

 

Chris

Posted
In the RMMC you need to open up Software Restriction Settings under the Configuration Settings and create a new path or file rule to allow the software to run.
Posted

It's strange, it's claiming to be prevented by restrictions, but filemon is only saying that it's reading from system32 etc.

 

I think it might be the nature of the software, also, it's running a small command line launcher, so that could well be it on second thought!

 

Chris

Posted

Have your users got legacy programs enabled?

 

Also how is the software installed?

- Curriculum Choice Package

- A package that you have created?

- Network (RM Public) Install

- Virtual CD?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...