Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted
Is there any way to log which user logs in from outside the school and a date and time in any other way other than the Logon Tracker? I believe Logon Tracker is only for monitoring LAN logins so it requires a client-side install.
Posted
The login tracker has 2 parts, the LAN logon tracker, and the Web Tracker. What you are after is the Web Tracker, which is enabled when you assign the tracker a SQL Provider to use
  • Thanks 1
Posted

A little stuck on step 3 of the doc where you need to add user IIS APPPOOL\$apppool$. Hvae seen some posts here from others who have had the same issue. For me on IIS 7 it doesn't find any user with IIS APPPOOL. Or HAP. Neither locally or on the domain.

 

However, when initially setting up HAP, I did have to run "icacls C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Hap /grant "IIS AppPool\HAP":(RX)" to create a HAP user. That worked fine for folder permissions. But I can't search for the same user in SQL Mgmnt Studio, it just doesn't locate.

 

Is there anything I can do?

Posted

Hi Nick

 

I'm on the step "Change provider="XML" to provider=" SQLConnectionString"", but my web.config (in root) doesn't have "Change provider=" in there at all. A search for that returns nothing, also a search for "tracker" gives nothing. I'm sure I haven't deleted them...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...