Shocker Posted October 29, 2012 Posted October 29, 2012 (edited) Hi everyone just wondering if anyone else is having trouble setting their Default Homepage in IE using GPO? I have added a new Group Policy and applied the Windows 8 WMI Filter, under User Configuration/Policies/Windows Settings/Internet Explorer maintenance I have changed Important URLs to use http://companyweb also under the Favourites and Links I have added favourites (which does work fine) but for some reason every time I open IE it goes to MSN webpage instead of companyweb. has anyone else run into this problem? I have also tried Resetting Browser Settings and going into Preference Mode but this still didn't help. Edited October 29, 2012 by Shocker
Shocker Posted October 29, 2012 Author Posted October 29, 2012 i have should have added I am running SBS 2011 server
Shocker Posted October 29, 2012 Author Posted October 29, 2012 Just found after more searching it looks like I need to use Internet Explorer Administration Kit for IE 10 IEAK
Michael Posted October 29, 2012 Posted October 29, 2012 I suspect there will be an updated ADMX file for IE10 as there was IE8 and for IE9. If you copy the inetres.admx from a Windows 8 machine, you should be able to overwrite the existing file on Windows Server in: C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions Please note I have not tested this, so please proceed with caution and backup your existing files first! 1
Shocker Posted October 30, 2012 Author Posted October 30, 2012 Thank you Michael I will hold of to try and use it on a test environment at the moment I do not have a test environment for widows 8 its running on our main network but thank you for the suggestion
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now