hardtailstar Posted September 27, 2012 Posted September 27, 2012 Hi all, Whats the best Word press theme's for a school website and has any one got examples of thier own school website build in word press? Thanks
VeryPC_Ed Posted September 27, 2012 Posted September 27, 2012 Not got specific school examples but I would recommend just browsing some of the reputable theme sites and avoiding anything that looks too good to be true, lots of 'free' themes (or commercial themes which have been made 'freely' available if you get what I mean) have malicious code in them.
hardtailstar Posted September 27, 2012 Author Posted September 27, 2012 So far ive just searched the ones that you can search for within Word Press
VeryPC_Ed Posted September 27, 2012 Posted September 27, 2012 I just spoke with our marketing manager as he just launched our new website for our new server brand (www.serverous.net) and that was using a modified theme from themeforest (WordPress | ThemeForest) and he said they seemed to be quite reputable / reasonably priced.
soveryapt Posted September 27, 2012 Posted September 27, 2012 WooThemes (WooThemes | Premium WordPress Themes & Plugins) have some great themes on there. A lot of function built in to them and they work really well with the various plugins you might make use of for a school site. But ThemeForrest is also another good one, I can't say I've used them myself, but I've looked at their stuff and I know a fellow WordPress designer who uses them as well as WooThemes.
crutchfieldj Posted October 1, 2012 Posted October 1, 2012 A school I used to work in uses a free theme called Academica. Very easy to use and customize, and it's purpose built for schools and other educational institutions. customize
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now