scottpowers82 Posted September 14, 2012 Posted September 14, 2012 Hey Everyone, I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure this problem out as I just can't seem to find the right solution to my problem. So, here's the basic info: - I have setup an SCCM 2012 Server with all of my boundaries (using IP ranges) and boundary groups set. - When I deploy an Application (in this case, I'm trying to deploy a small MSI), it seems to work OK on desktop machines that are hard wired into the network, but when I check the install on a teacher's laptop, it keeps saying that it is downloading, but never moves past 0%. To make matters even more confusing, it does seem to work on a couple machines here or there (for Example, when I deployed my MSI to 127 teacher machines, it installed only to 4%....it is possible they may have been wired in though for some reason...not sure on that one) - Most searches I find for this topic on the internet keep telling me to check the boundaries, but everything seems ok to me that I can see. - If I try it in a VM (which would simulate Hard Wired), it works perfectly. Just not on wireless machines. It's gotta hopefully be something simple, but I just can't figure out the problem for the life of me. I was really hoping to move all our software distribution away from group policy and completely centralize most things I do into SCCM 2012, but this part is definitely holding me back. I just started getting into SCCM this past Summer, so I'm still a noob when it comes to it and may be missing something obvoius (I can only hope), but I would really appreciate any advice anyone can give me. Thanks
scottpowers82 Posted September 14, 2012 Author Posted September 14, 2012 AH HA! Think I may have figured it out. Currently, I have all of our wireless network boundaries set to use a slow connection type. I have the content type for this application set to MSI and (under the Content Tab from the Deployment Type) the deployment option was set to "Do Not Download Content" if using a slow network boundary. I then changed it to "Download content from distribution point and run locally" and that seemed to do the trick on my test machine. I'll keep an eye on it today and, hopefully, I'll see it deploying to the rest of my clients throughout the day. Anyway, just wanted to post the fix in case it helps someone else...
FN-GM Posted September 14, 2012 Posted September 14, 2012 Why have you got it as a slow connection type?
scottpowers82 Posted September 18, 2012 Author Posted September 18, 2012 Sorry for the long response. I have our wireless networks setup as a boundary group and assign them the slow connection type. I figured for wireless, it might be better to use slow for bandwidth issues when 30 kids are logging in at the same time. Or is it meant more for WAN type connections? Is wireless fast enough for the fast setting typically?
FN-GM Posted September 18, 2012 Posted September 18, 2012 Slow connection types are really for people in remote locations on dialup speed. There WIFI shouldnt come under this.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now