Eric Posted September 12, 2012 Posted September 12, 2012 OK, so I have "ePIPS Software 2012-13" from CEM (cemcentre.org) and it has ridiculous instructions for installing and configuring by hand on a whole ICT suite of machines. It's an msi so I'm hopeful that there's someone out there who's been through the pain and can help me do it the quick way ... The old version has to be uninstalled by hand as well, it would seem (I didn't install it ) Is anyone able to help me, please?
Audioduck Posted December 5, 2012 Posted December 5, 2012 OK, so I have "ePIPS Software 2012-13" from CEM (cemcentre.org) and it has ridiculous instructions for installing and configuring by hand on a whole ICT suite of machines. It's an msi so I'm hopeful that there's someone out there who's been through the pain and can help me do it the quick way ... The old version has to be uninstalled by hand as well, it would seem (I didn't install it ) Is anyone able to help me, please? Hi, I have exactly the same question! I need to install it on 40-odd machines and I'm not going to do it by hand. I've deployed the software as usual via Group Policy but it seems that I'll still need to visit EACH machine and update both the path to the central DB and the license key. I'm looking into editing the MSI to include this info but it's not a very elegant solution. I'd be glad to know how you got on with this. Cheers, Matt
Eric Posted December 5, 2012 Author Posted December 5, 2012 Thanks. I'm still interested. I hate old/rubbish/lazy "educational" software ...
john Posted December 5, 2012 Posted December 5, 2012 Can I suggest you feed that back to the CEM Centre? I know they are good people up there and very helpful usually so might be worth talking to them and saying how problematic it is for installation and they will usually look at feedback for the next revision
Guest Guest Posted December 6, 2012 Posted December 6, 2012 I installed this onto the server on our "apps" share, then just created a shortcut on the desktops.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now