CHR1S Posted August 6, 2012 Posted August 6, 2012 I can import excel data to a new table with no issues. I cant however import the same data to an existing table. I exported the original table to excel as a template so I know my column headings are correct and I formatted the excel columns to the same data type as the table. I have no primary key in the excel spreadsheet When I import and append I get the following error - Microsoft Office Access was unable to append all of the data to the table. The contents of fields in 0 records(s) were deleted, and 0 record(s) were lost due to key violations. There are no further errors but no data what so ever is imported to the table. If I trim my import file to anything, 1 record, 1 record with 1 column tc etc I still get no import. Am I missing something?
mac_shinobi Posted August 6, 2012 Posted August 6, 2012 Not that it will help much but 32 bit or 64 bit OS and also what version of Office ( excel / Access ) 2010 / 2007 or what exactly ? 1
mac_shinobi Posted August 6, 2012 Posted August 6, 2012 bit of googling Appending an Excel file to an Access table - Access World Forums http://www.mrexcel.com/archive/Errors/18619.html 1
CHR1S Posted August 6, 2012 Author Posted August 6, 2012 64bit 2010 I checked every bit of data, some dates were corrupt, I also found a required text column that was missing. Strangely I now get subscript out of range do the columns have to be in the same order or as long as the headers match it should be ok?
mac_shinobi Posted August 6, 2012 Posted August 6, 2012 64bit 2010 I checked every bit of data, some dates were corrupt, I also found a required text column that was missing. Strangely I now get do the columns have to be in the same order or as long as the headers match it should be ok? As per last post in 2nd link Same data types, if you have a primary key etc than auto number, same order etc etc 1
CHR1S Posted August 6, 2012 Author Posted August 6, 2012 I checked, EVERYTHING and nothing was different! For the sake of it, I renamed tblAssets to tblAssetsOLD imported the file into tblAssets, recreated my relationships and checked my required fields and its working perfectly! Weird, thanks for the help tho! 1
mac_shinobi Posted August 7, 2012 Posted August 7, 2012 I didn't really help , just a bit of googling which is easy enough anyway
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now