MrWu Posted July 12, 2012 Posted July 12, 2012 (edited) Today I have setup a Remote Desktop Farm like so: SCHOOL RDS Farm RD Broker : SRV-RDSB01 IP : 10.18.96.138 RDS Server : SRV-RDS01 IP:10.18.96.139 RDS Server: SRV-RDS02 IP:10.18.96.140 Farm Name : SCHOOL I have followed as per Microsoft and added the RDS servers in relevent groups and load balancing on the RD Broker and the Host themselves Added DNS entry SCHOOL into DNS and added the RD Hosts there(2 entries with the host IP addresses). Now here's where the wierdness started. initailly the farm worked (with SCHOOL) and also logging on to each RDS server by it's own name / IP Address. On second attempt connection stopped to SRV-RDS02 with this error message: "The connection cannot be completed because the remote computer that was reached is not the one you specified. This could be caused by an outdated entry in the DNS cache. Try using the IP address of the computer instead of the name" If I log on using the Farm name SCHOOL it diverts me to SRV-RDS01 always If I log on with SRV-RDS02's ip address (which the entry is correct on DNS mapping) it diverts me to SRV-RDS01 Tried ipconfig /flushdns then registerdns as well Googled around and DNS issues was suggested so deleted the entries out for now, wait and re enter the RD FARM DNS again later. Anyone encountered this strange issue? Ta Edited July 12, 2012 by MrWu
DMcCoy Posted July 12, 2012 Posted July 12, 2012 It's because they are balancing as farm members. To choose the server you want, use it's IP/dns with the /admin switch for mstsc. 1
MrWu Posted July 12, 2012 Author Posted July 12, 2012 (edited) Many Thanks, it worked ok. So it seems its by design rather than me doing something silly. :-) Edited July 12, 2012 by MrWu
MrWu Posted July 12, 2012 Author Posted July 12, 2012 I have another quick query if you dont mind, i have set the load balancing ratio for the first 2 hosts as 50/50...if I add more RD hosts that may be less powerful than the first 2 I would put the weight ratio for that server to say 25, so it should recieve half the connections when brokered?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now