Gongalong Posted July 12, 2012 Posted July 12, 2012 Hi folks, I'm at my wits end with the Windows search tool. Can anyone recommend an alternative, ideally something free? TIA
sukh Posted July 16, 2012 Posted July 16, 2012 Hi folks, I'm at my wits end with the Windows search tool. Can anyone recommend an alternative, ideally something free? TIA What issue you got with windows search?
madisonmiller Posted July 16, 2012 Posted July 16, 2012 Hi , Can you specify which type of Windows search tool do you require? 1
Gongalong Posted July 16, 2012 Author Posted July 16, 2012 Something where I can search with wildcards, that can cope with large numbers of results, has a clear indicator that a search is underway or complete, duplicate file search, allows me to sort by standard criteria e.g. path, filename, size. I have tried Ultrasearch, but am still finding it relatively slow.
Gongalong Posted July 16, 2012 Author Posted July 16, 2012 sukh: pretty much based on the above criteria. It's slow, and it can be hard to tell how far a search has got. Also it doesn't appear to be using the index created, logged on another page. This is on Server 2008 R2.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now