robk Posted June 10, 2007 Posted June 10, 2007 Has anyone had problems running Eportal on HP servers? We are just about to switch over from sims to cmis. So we ordered two HP servers a DL360 G5 with 4 gb ram and sas raid 1 for the database server (running w2003 R2 Sp2 and sql server 2005) & a DL320 G5 with 2Gb ram and sata raid 1 for eportal (again runing w2003 R2 sp2). We have never had eportal running correctly, it seems to work, but will "hang" going into the student details page. Serco tech support have been looking at it for weeks, but are trying to point to a hardware problem. I have spent many hours rebuilding the server with/without HP`s smartstart cd, but to no real end. I am wondering if there is something about the hardware thats causing it. I can run eportal on a xp workstation and it seems to be ok (if a bit slow) but I don`t want to move to xp for a "production" server! It does at least seem to rule out a network/db server fault though. Anyone else using similar hardware? Thanks Rob Keeling
kylewilliamson Posted June 10, 2007 Posted June 10, 2007 There isnt actually alot to ePortal in general, its basically a webserver + a socks based data server. I would agree hardware could be the fault, but it's not your fault thier software doesn't work with your server. Kyle
john Posted June 10, 2007 Posted June 10, 2007 I run it on a HP DL380 G4 and its fine, they cannot blaim it on hardware, if it is a hardware thing its something they need to fix as those servers are industry standard boxes.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now