Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am setting up a test lab in a virtual environment.

I have used Disk2VHD to convert both my DCs and I have converted 1 XP SP3 machine.

 

I am trying to test out some software for which I needed a replica of my domain.

 

DCs booted fine after conversion but the XP machine although booted is now asking to be activated before I can login.

 

This is only for a test lab.

 

The VMs are not connected to the Internet and wholly exist in my physical server.

 

Is there any way to proceed without activating the machine or if I do have to go through the activation wont it tell me that the key is already activated (on the physical XP machine)?

Posted

Converted a Win 7 machine to Virtual a few weeks ago, Windows will complain if too much hardware is changed :-(

 

Do you have Volume Licensed version of Windows XP, this shouldn't need activating should it even if going Virtual?

  • Thanks 1
Posted

dammit - We have a mixture of OEM and VLK versions. Guess which one I converted??

 

I will try to find one of our machines with a VLK on it and try that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...