Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi folks,

 

Over half term I updated all our servers, mostly 2008 R2.

 

We had a load of problems with servers this morning, and eventually I tracked it down to Windows Update having rebooted most of the servers.

 

Would this just have been caused by installing the updates over half term, which reset the WU settings, or could this be something else?

 

What do others do in this situation? e.g. GP applied to all servers to constantly prevent server reboot. I have a GP applied to all PCs for this.

 

TIA

Posted
Here's how I setup WSUS on 2008 R2. By configuring the GPOs as I've recommended, your servers shouldn't reboot automatically. They'll just keep nagging you to reboot, but you can delay it up to 4 hours (each time) on 7 and 2008 R2.
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...