mac_shinobi Posted June 1, 2012 Posted June 1, 2012 Think "Mad Max" meets "The Matrix"... with a bit of "Resident Evil" thrown in. What about Zelda Meets Doom 3 or Zelda Meets Black Ops or Zelda Meets So RPG and Shoot em up with puzzles and some killing spree's etc 1
X-13 Posted June 1, 2012 Author Posted June 1, 2012 What about Zelda Meets Doom 3 or Zelda Meets Black Ops or Zelda Meets So RPG and Shoot em up with puzzles and some killing spree's etc More like Zelda meets Street Fighter... Except the Street Fighter part allows you 4 different ways to finish the fight [Avoid, Cheat, Rage, Zen] With a bit of Dating Sim endings for good measure. [Certain actions end the game prematurely.]
mac_shinobi Posted June 1, 2012 Posted June 1, 2012 More like Zelda meets Street Fighter... Except the Street Fighter part allows you 4 different ways to finish the fight [Avoid, Cheat, Rage, Zen] With a bit of Dating Sim endings for good measure. [Certain actions end the game prematurely.] Tekken Meets Zelda or mortal combat meets zelda Mortal combat meets zelda would be interesting ( Sub Zero move ) "Get ova here!!" 1
X-13 Posted June 1, 2012 Author Posted June 1, 2012 Tekken Meets Zelda or mortal combat meets zelda Mortal combat meets zelda would be interesting ( Sub Zero move ) "Get ova here!!" I'll take that under consideration. I may also do Shadow of the Colossus style bosses... [or SotC-esque.] Where you have to [or can] climb up/on them. 1
sonofsanta Posted June 1, 2012 Posted June 1, 2012 Bear in mind that you are allowed to save some ideas for your second game In that spirit, before you sit down and code anything, print out your final plan, get it laminated and just work to that. Make no changes. Allow no feature creep. Otherwise it'll become NHS IT: The Game. 1
X-13 Posted June 11, 2012 Author Posted June 11, 2012 In that spirit, before you sit down and code anything, print out your final plan, get it laminated and just work to that. Make no changes. Allow no feature creep. Oh, Glob... Feature creep... So much creepage since I started this. However, in the words of Mills Lane... "I'll allow it" I've recently noticed I'm leaning more towards making some sort of visual/interactive story rather than a game... I'm not sure why, though. Also, to any people who have made games [or anyone in general who can answer it]... Cutscenes. How do you go about using them? I was thinking of making an animation, then calling it when it's needed. But, I want it to be a bit more fluid. To avoid No Cutscene Inventory Inertia as there's going to be a few options for extra/alternative equipment. Without awesomesauce dev tools, it's going to be a bit hard. [Like hell I'm paying £redonkulous for flash builder.]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now