Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello everybody!

 

I have unfortunately lost my job as I ruptured my patella tendon whilst in my probation period, not bitter at my employer at all... they looked after me for 2 months, it took the hospital along time to operate and being misfed information probably didn't help with the employment situation.

 

So, I am quite good at programming, support and most aspects of IT but looking for projects/work to do is hard, peopleperhour and those freelancer type sites will have you bid at below minimum wage for providing the earth (but I am of course bidding still!).

 

I have been self employed before but I was then able to travel and it looks like I'm somewhat limited with this to remote work. I am tempted to try 'cold calling' but, again I am so limited with the travel/mobility situation I am not sure it's going to be worthwhile!

 

I guess I'm looking for suggestions from you knowledgeable types for what I could do? I really don't want to solely rely on benefits, I'd rather earn min wage than be on benefits!

 

All ideas welcome!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...