andrew_91090 Posted April 18, 2012 Posted April 18, 2012 Hi, I've just taken over the school website and have just updated Joomla to 1.6, but now I've done that, some of the scripts aren't staying on everytime I place a HTML script into the code and click save, it will automatically disappear. Does anyone know why this is happening? any help is muchly appreciated
kili Posted April 18, 2012 Posted April 18, 2012 Hi, I've just taken over the school website and have just updated Joomla to 1.6, but now I've done that, some of the scripts aren't staying on everytime I place a HTML script into the code and click save, it will automatically disappear. Does anyone know why this is happening? any help is muchly appreciated Andrew the first thing to do is update to 2.5. If you go the main control panel at the bottom left is a Joomla status icon. Click it and you will get an option to update to the latest verion of Joomla. Your problem with html code disappearing is because there is a new function in Joomla called text filtering to prevent users from inserting code from the front end when editing. By default it's also set for super users. to disable it for super users ( I assume your logged in as the super user) do the following: 1. go to global configuration 2. Click the text filters tab 3. From the drop down list for super users select " No filtering" As you can see you can also do this for other user groups if you wish. Kili 1
andrew_91090 Posted April 18, 2012 Author Posted April 18, 2012 Hi Kili, Thanks for your reply, I'm just updating it now, thanks for all the advice, I'll keep you updated Thanks again,
kili Posted April 18, 2012 Posted April 18, 2012 Anytime Andrew. It can be a bugger finding some of this stuff especially as the new version has some significant changes. Kili
andrew_91090 Posted April 18, 2012 Author Posted April 18, 2012 just got it all updated and running, worked like a treat, thanks again
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now