Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I’m kinda stuck with something and it’s really bugging the hell out of me and I was wondering if anyone else has seen the same thing? Basically Firefox is still requesting a username and password to the local intranet site even though the following parameters have been set in "about:config":

 

pref("network.automatic-ntlm-auth.trusted-uris", "domain.net");

pref("network.negotiate-auth.delegation-uris", "domain.net");

pref("network.negotiate-auth.trusted-uris", "domain.net");

 

The pop-up box states the following:

 

Authentication Required

A user name and password are being requested by http://www.domain.net. The site says: "Digest"

 

However, when the box is cancelled it then goes on to automatically load the user's credentials correctly using NTLM. It's quite annoying and I want to stop it but I can't seem to find a way how to. It looks like it's trying to authenticate using Digest before accepting the NTLM credentials. Would that be a fair assumption? If so, how do I prevent it? I can't find a setting in Firefox which will change the order of preference or indeed makes any reference to Digest. Is there a setting which needs to be changed in IIS?

 

Any ideas?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...