nLinked Posted March 14, 2012 Posted March 14, 2012 I know an IP of a device in a Cisco switch. I run this command: sh ip arp It gives a list of IP's connected to that switch, but, the hardware address column all have the same MAC address. Why is that? I need it to give the MAC for each of devices, they should be unique?!
SYNACK Posted March 14, 2012 Posted March 14, 2012 If all the IP addresses are being routed by another router then as the are segmented by layer 3 the MAC wil be the address of the other routers interface that is handling the routing.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now