sidewinder Posted March 8, 2012 Posted March 8, 2012 One of our sites has only just been connected to our main network, so over easter I will need to join their PC to the domain. They have been using a general email address but it is just a btinternet one. Over time, hopefully we can change completely to a @schoolname.org address but for the time being they will still need to receive emails sent to the BT one. I could setup a forwarder on the BT account but not sure whether I can trust that. So is there a way of having our Exchange server fetch the mail from that address over POP3 and deliver it to an internal mailbox? I am assuming there is since Google seemed to turn up some results, but I'm not entirely sure how to do it. We're using Exchange 2010 SP1. Thanks
AngryTechnician Posted March 8, 2012 Posted March 8, 2012 What you're after is a POP3 connector. There are some commercial ones listed here, and a limited free one here. There are probably others available, hopefully someone can suggest one they've used.
sukh Posted March 9, 2012 Posted March 9, 2012 Agree with AngeyTechnician. If it's only 1 user why not get them on Exch straight away, the cost is probably not worth it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now