Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi,

 

Enjoying HAP a lot. Have drive mappings in place except Home Drive. I know it's my error but can't work out how to set this up.

 

Home drives are accessible via \\servername\username$

 

What do I want the HAP UNC patch to be?

 

Also, what is the best way of defining read and write permissions here? Do I need to give the Student & Staff group read and write access?

 

Thanks very much for your help.

Posted

\\server\%username% .

Or you can just use %homedir% as the UNC path.

I have given staff and students read and write to their own areas.

  • Thanks 1
Posted
Thanks very much. Just having %homedir% worked. Really handy as well because we have some media students who have their user areas on a different server.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...