CHR1S Posted February 28, 2012 Posted February 28, 2012 So we now have a working solution for air print ...again. Stop Airprint service (if installed) sc.exe delete Airprint At the command line type the following 2 commands: sc.exe create AirPrint binPath= "C:\Program Files\AirPrint\airprint.exe -R _ipp._tcp,_universal -s" depend= "Bonjour Service" start= auto sc.exe start Airprint I can now see my shared printers, but, they all have locks on them. I did have a lock on the printer when viewed via my iOS5 device so I activated my Guest Accounts (see below). Then I stopped and restarted the AirPrint under Services (Control Panel/Administrative Tools?Services/Airprint) and Voila! To see how to activate Guest Accounts see Guest Account - Turn On or Off - Windows 7 Forums This is where I cant get this to work with Server 2003. Anyone think of which account you would enable for guest access in a domain environment to allow unauthenticated printing?
pooley Posted February 28, 2012 Posted February 28, 2012 Have you shared the printer? Try creating a new user "print" and authenticating using that ?
CHR1S Posted February 28, 2012 Author Posted February 28, 2012 Yes the printer is shared, lol Thats the thing, you cant authenticate in iOS5 like you could previously, hence why you need an account that uses no authentication (i.e guest)
ZeroHour Posted February 28, 2012 Posted February 28, 2012 This is where I cant get this to work with Server 2003. Anyone think of which account you would enable for guest access in a domain environment to allow unauthenticated printing? I am sure there is a GP setting for this, I am trying to remember where...
ZeroHour Posted February 28, 2012 Posted February 28, 2012 Network access: Let Everyone permissions apply to anonymous users I think is the setting. Then you just add everyone with rights to the queue. Computer Config->Windows Settings->Security Settings->Local Policies->Security Options 1
CHR1S Posted February 28, 2012 Author Posted February 28, 2012 Just restarting the print server, will see if it helps. As you can see, printers are there, just locked
CHR1S Posted March 20, 2012 Author Posted March 20, 2012 Bump, still stuck with this. Anyone had any luck?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now