Vi7ER Posted February 22, 2012 Posted February 22, 2012 As the title describes I have a Toshiba Laptop I have configured with software then syspreped and used WDS to image. Upon setting the image up explorer crashes whenever I try to copy a file from the network. I think it may be something to do with a certain piece of software I put on as I have a syspreped image which only contains drivers that works after set up. But if it is this software (or infact a windows update) it works fine until a sysprep and image is carried out. Anyone come across this before? Thanks
round2it Posted February 22, 2012 Posted February 22, 2012 (edited) i had something like this it was a security suite that was installed (by the manufaturer) the name evades me at this moment think it was xwave part of the embassy security suite other things i could not do was rename a folder on a network share. Dont know if its the same thing but I thought I would add my 2p worth this only happened when the machine was added to the domain added a gpo to stop the file from loading and never had a problem since Edited February 22, 2012 by round2it
ricki Posted February 22, 2012 Posted February 22, 2012 We have had this as well with a restore partition from a manufacturer and we had to delete it before we could get it to work and it did but for some reason it would sysprep but would not install computer group policies In fact what we had to do was completely clear the drive of all partitions and start again with a fresh install of windows 7 from the install cd. Richard
Vi7ER Posted February 24, 2012 Author Posted February 24, 2012 I figured out what it was. So for information here it is: Firstly this was on a Toshiba R850-15E laptop, which had been imaged with a non-toshiba provided 32 version of Windows 7 then all drivers downloaded and installed from Toshibas support site (I did download specifically for the R850-15E). All drivers and software worked fine until the machine was sysprep'd. After OOBE setup the issue occurred where it was not possible to copy files from the network onto the laptop's HDD. It turns out that the offending software was the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack. Once this is removed from a freshly set up image it all works fine. Cheers, 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now