googlemad Posted February 20, 2012 Posted February 20, 2012 After a major headache with a computer this morning I want offline files to burn in hell! (Someone must have accidentally clicked the 'Work offline' button in Windows Explorer meaning anybody who logged on could not access their network drive and hence their desktop). Anyway, since we don't have any need for the functionality in the first place what can be done to turn it off? On the file server I noticed the shares 'Offline settings' currently says 'Only the files and programs that users specify are available offline' is it just as simple as selecting the option 'No files or programs from the shared folder are available offline'? I did try several of the group policy items to turn the functionality off but they seem to have had no effect!
Michael Posted February 20, 2012 Posted February 20, 2012 Try this GPO: Computer Config > Policies > Admin Templates > Network > Offline Files - Remove 'Make Available Offline' - Enabled And/or: User Config > Policies > Admin Templates > Network > Offline Files - Remove 'Make Available Offline' - Enabled Run a gpupdate /force command and then reboot.
CommodoreS Posted February 20, 2012 Posted February 20, 2012 Out of interest, how comes all users got access to another users offline files? I though users can only access their own personal files through offline files?
Michael Posted February 20, 2012 Posted February 20, 2012 I would double check your permissions. Typically it should be just that user and Domain Administrators. No other user should be given access.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now